Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

In my eyes, he's definitely more of a CM than a winger these days. He's basically shone every time he's played in the centre imo.

Great to know that he's still actively seeking to improve himself :thup:

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think he'd do too badly in the role Fellaini has at Everton, just for holding up play. He wouldn't score as much but wouldn't mind trying him there in europe and the cup, we keep the ball so badly in the other teams halfs. He'd be available for passes and could play off Cisse better than Ba imo (assuming we're alternating Ba and Cisse in cup games).

His work rate was utterly fantastic second half and looks a lot fitter now than he did in the first couple of games.

There was a point near the end of the game where Everton were attacking in a good position with Pienaar on the right and Joans ran the full width of the pitch to cover in defence. I told my Dad who is a massive Jonas critic "LOOK, that is why he is so important!".

Love Jonas' work rate and effort. He clearly is invaluable to us for that, but it's kind of a shame he doesn't really look much of an attacking threat these days, even when he is on the flanks. I think Raylor at left back last season has had a huge impact on how his game has evolved.

Remember how attacking he was under Keegan, especially in his first game at OT, he has lost a bit of that pace mind.

It probably doesn't help that he seems to have bulked up massively during his time here which has probably slowed him down.

I think he's learnt most full backs are speed merchants anyway so there isn't much point engaging in a foot race with them, just get the ball, let them commit to a foul/tackle and play round them.

Love Jonas' work rate and effort. He clearly is invaluable to us for that, but it's kind of a shame he doesn't really look much of an attacking threat these days, even when he is on the flanks. I think Raylor at left back last season has had a huge impact on how his game has evolved.

I noticed that diagonal-sprint-trackback too. :thup: Absolute workhorse.

Led by example today. A worthy stand-in captain.

Thought he was great today actually, however  I stand by my comments in so much he shouldnt be out on the left. He cant create.

I tend to agree with you but I think if Santon had a left foot this would be less of an issue. Himself and Santon do work well together though, I think Jonas very much knows his limitations when it comes to attacking these days.

Led by example today. A worthy stand-in captain.

Thought he was great today actually, however  I stand by my comments in so much he shouldnt be out on the left. He cant create.

I tend to agree with you but I think if Santon had a left foot this would be less of an issue. Himself and Santon do work well together though, I think Jonas very much knows his limitations when it comes to attacking these days.

If Santon figures out what to do when he gets in the box he isi going to be a force, but thats a different issue. Jonas just isnt a winger anymore. You need two outlets at home and he really isnt one. We need another idea at home on the left.