Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

Woeful this season and despite being a fan of his, I can't actually remember his last decent game?  Offers sod all going forward and has lost all his pace. 

Seems undroppable though and I don't expect him to be missing any league games any time soon.

Shouldn´t be a starter. Does nothing going forward, only slows down our attacks with keeping the ball until he lose it or get a free kick. Better in the center though, but shouldn´t be starting.

Thought he was one of our better performers today :sad:

Same, but this place has been surrounded by OTT reactions tonight for some reason.

Did you actually watch how bad we were again?

I think i should tbh because i'm really not seeing these awful performances apart from a poor 20 minute spell in the second half.

Anyway i thought he was pretty good myself yesterday on first viewing but he did play central so that explains that....

Guest icemanblue

It's fucking unreal, man. He's been poor for most of this season, but he's been one of our most consistent performers for the last three years. He's a proper professional, with freakish endurance and a world class work rate. Should be the last fuckibg person to be getting grief.

It's f***ing unreal, man. He's been poor for most of this season, but he's been one of our most consistent performers for the last three years. He's a proper professional, with freakish endurance and a world class work rate. Should be the last fuckibg person to be getting grief.

:thup:

It's f***ing unreal, man. He's been poor for most of this season, but he's been one of our most consistent performers for the last three years. He's a proper professional, with freakish endurance and a world class work rate. Should be the last fuckibg person to be getting grief.

:thup:

:thup: x2

I'm proud that he wears our shirt and plays for our club. Proper player & proper pro.

His last tweets through google translate:

I never see myself as someone especially talented. As feature is a ridiculous, sickening work ethic. While others sleep I'm working while the others eat I'm working.

What Inochi said.

No player is immune from criticism and to be fair Jonas has deserved some this season because he's been poor.

Having said that whist criticism is part of the game, daft abuse on Twitter is not.

While he's been poor this season ( not the only one btw) he works his bullocks off every single game and gives everything possible for us fans.

Not fit to wear the shirt? f*ck off your not fit to be fans you ungrateful c*nts.

Even after my twitter rant and this i still don't feel better really has pissed me off this has the ungrateful twats.

Under Pardew he has effectively turned into an anchorman on the left wing. Very disappointing to see a complete lack of the drive that used to make him an important player for us, something that compensated for his terrible end product (at least he was driving the team forward and winning free kicks/corners etc etc). He, Simpson and Williamson/Saylor are the three players I'm hoping we'll be looking to displace in the first team in January with new signings (now that Ba/Cisse aren't going off to the ACoN).

To be fair to Jonas, if he wasn't a first teamer he'd probably be viewed as a good backup/utility midfielder, ala Park when he was at ManU, as he still has some good traits: experience, work rate, defensive cover, versatility, and the odd good game where he shows a bit of technical/passing ability. Problem clearly is that when he's starting every week as a winger, a position that inherently requires the player to contribute with assists and goals, then he's going to get the stick he's currently receiving (or should be receiving) - and rightfully so.

Being a bit cynical here, but I wonder whether dropping him is actually an option when his best friend is club captain and an absolutely vital player for us? If Jonas kicks up a fuss and decides to leave because he's dropped/replaced by a new signing, where would that leave Colo? Undoubtedly having Jonas here is a massive part of Colo's life. Maybe this makes Jonas a bit of an "untouchable"...or I'm talking out of my arse. Probably the latter.

I'm not having that bit, like. He's been poor from an attacking perspective since he signed with the exception of a couple of purple patches here and there. His attitude, workrate and defensive contribution (until recently) can't be questioned, however.

I love Jonas as much as the next man but the problem is he just doesn't offer anything going forward anymore.  As a winger (or wide midfielder) he should be part of our front 4 but we're limiting our attacking potential quite badly by playing him rather than someone who could beat a man and get a cross in or create something for the strikers.

Playing him in central midfield in a 3 is an option, of course, but if we're going to do that then we have other options who may arguably do a better job in that position.

I am not sure whether he is under instruction not to push as far up the field, he doesn't seem to commit to attacks as much as he used to and he never hugs the byline like he used to when playing 442.

As for names on the team sheet his would be in amongst the definites, in this order:

Krul-Colo-Ba-Cabaye-HBA-Jonas-Tiote

I used to hate the bloke in the early days and during the first half of the promotion season but he totally won me over.

The role he plays in the 4-3-3 we play is critical, he is an outlet who can carry the ball out of the dangerous areas, allow the wide player of the front three to tuck inside while he overlaps or bring the full back into play.

Sadly when we play this piss poor 4-4-2, all of his abilities are negated because he's neither a winger nor a central midfielder.