Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

All this "big pharma is covering up the cure for $$$" talk usually comes from America, where they forget all the countries with public healthcare who would save billions if they had the cure, and all the publicly funded scientific research that goes on. 

it's a sizable minority too.  Alex Jones and his ilk have multi-million dollar industries based on this misinformation.

Guest zicomartin

Yeah, you guys are pretty fun to hang out with, when all is said and done.  We could all go for pints and have a great laugh about beating two stage four cancers for 8 years, whilst still not being dead, or even feeling ill in the slightest.

Quite honestly, nobody cares and you are on your own, when this happens to you.

You make your choices, and you live or die by them. 

No big deal.

At least we ALL have a choice. :)

Best to Jonas of course. 

Hopefully his immense fitness (and Colo's green tea) sees him through.  O0

Yeah, you guys are pretty fun to hang out with, when all is said and done.  We could all go for pints and have a great laugh about beating two stage four cancers for 8 years, whilst still not being dead, or even feeling ill in the slightest.

Quite honestly, nobody cares and you are on your own, when this happens to you.

You make your choices, and you live or die by them. 

No big deal.

At least we ALL have a choice. :)

Best to Jonas of course. 

Hopefully his immense fitness (and Colo's green tea) sees him through.  O0

or he should stick with chemo.

Chemo usually last a few months.

Are you having another "American hosting company" moment?

5-year survival rates are useful in understanding prognosis.  Most cancer is so unpredictable that it becomes less meaningful to go beyond that.  And no wonder pill or Cesium-133 treatment will change that.

I know he's obviously been treated harshly but under no circumstances should he have been kept in the first team out of sympathy.

But you don't tell a guy in that situation to find another team, either. There's a load of space between fuck off and first name on the team sheet.

I quite agree but we don't know the context. If he's said he wants first team football and we've told him to find another team I don't see a problem.

:lol: You sit him down and explain the situation to him. Tell him to recover, and we'll see what happens moving forward. Train with the team if you're healthy and we'll get you minutes if we can. As long as he's been here, coming from another country the team should have been an extended family to the man, but to be like No, nope! Go find another team, after all that? When all he wants to do is get back to what is most normal for him? That's a completely fucking unforgivable dickhead move, made by a shitstain of a fucking person.

Mike, what are you actually advocating here? If he wanted first team football surely the best thing for him would be to get that at club who were offering it.

I'm saying you don't let him go on loan. You keep him around the team in some capacity.

Mike, what are you actually advocating here? If he wanted first team football surely the best thing for him would be to get that at club who were offering it.

I'm saying you don't let him go on loan. You keep him around the team in some capacity.

And we have absolutely no reason to think he'd have accepted that.

Suggest you take my outlandish claims to Google and prove otherwise, then.

Would love to, but can't afford the air ticket to fly into the States for their internet.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Google headquarters is only an hour and a half drive from where I am right now.  I could take your inquiries to them, LRD.

And we have absolutely no reason to think he'd have accepted that.

In normal circumstances for a normal functioning club, yes, but this is the Mike Ashley/Lee Charnley/Alan Pardew running of Newcastle.

He could have just "stayed on" - which we don't know if that was suggested to him, or if he wanted his place in the team back - but based on evidence of how this club acts, I'll tend to believe he was fucked about until its confirmed otherwise.

Given some of the interviews he did at Norwich it's pretty clear he expected first team football. I've no doubt the club acted like cunts but I see no reason to criticise them for telling him he needed to find another club if he wanted to get games. I'm sure that was preferable to just hanging around.