Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

Or not, because that would ruin us.

How on earth do you work that out ?

(edit why am I fkn asking)

Move Barton?

But yeah I would move Joey to CM alongside Tiote.

Some complain Simpson is not the greatest so Jonas would offer a lot more cover for him. Its not like Joey can't work his magic from CM.

It may not work but I think Jonas deserves the chance on the right so he can have a go at proving some service with his right.

I think Simpson is just fine. Barton has been brilliant on the right, Nolan can't be dropped and playing him off Carroll negates all his positives because he is picked up more by the defence.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

As much as Jonas has his flaws, him and Jose are an important part of our side, running and moving with the ball.

Move Barton?

Some complain Simpson is not the greatest so Jonas would offer a lot more cover for him. Its not like Joey can't work his magic from CM.

It may not work but I think Jonas deserves the chance on the right so he can have a go at proving some service with his right.

I think Simpson is just fine. Barton has been brilliant on the right, Nolan can't be dropped and playing him off Carroll negates all his positives because he is picked up more by the defence.

So would you drop Jonas when HBA is fit ?

I think he has to play, he is our out ball, our main grafter... its nice to have selection headaches I know but at times there are players who should be 100% starters I see Jonas as one of those.

OR is it a case of HBA uptop with Carroll?

Move Barton?

I think he has to play, he is our out ball, our main grafter... its nice to have selection headaches I know but at times there are players who should be 100% starters I see Jonas as one of those.

I would probably give HBA a free role off Carroll to do whatever the fuck he wants. He has the pace/trickery to cause a lot more problems in that role than Nolan.

Move Barton?

I would probably give HBA a free role off Carroll to do whatever the fuck he wants. He has the pace/trickery to cause a lot more problems in that role than Nolan.

So Nolan CM and leave Jonas left ?

Because of Jonas' and Jose's ability to run with the ball opposition players are naturally drawn to overload them on that side, leaving space for JB on the other thus giving him time to deliver. Works a treat. No suprise we looked miles better today with them both back in the team from the shambles at Stevenage. where nothing came down either flank.

Move Barton?

:thup:

Move Barton?

:thup:

I hear ya.. its just I feel for Jonas, he gets stick for lack of end product yet he is a right footer playing on the left.

Harper

Simpson  Colo  Willi  Enrique

Barton  Nolan   Tiote   HBA

Carroll  Ameobi

is what I think our best XI is atm. I'm not set on Ben Arfa off Carroll as I think we look stronger at 4-4-2 than we do at 4-4-1-1 or whatever it is.

Harper

Simpson  Colo  Willi  Enrique

Barton  Nolan   Tiote   HBA

Carroll  Ameobi

is what I think our best XI is atm. I'm not set on Ben Arfa off Carroll as I think we look stronger at 4-4-2 than we do at 4-4-1-1 or whatever it is.

Krul

Simpson  Taylor Colo   Enrique

Tiote

Barton        Nolan          Jonas

HBA

Carroll

or

Krul

Simpson  Taylor Colo   Enrique

Tiote

Barton                         Jonas

Nolan   HBA

Carroll

I still think Ben Arfa would be better in a position where him roaming (which let's face it he'll do anyway) doesn't affect the shape if we lose the ball - which is likely to happen a lot with a player like him in the team trying things.

Harper

Simpson Williamson* Coloccini Enrique

Barton Nolan Tiote Gutierrez

Ben Arfa

Carroll

*Or Taylor.

Either way, I fucking hope we get to see it before the season is out. :fwap:

I still think Ben Arfa would be better in a position where him roaming (which let's face it he'll do anyway) doesn't affect the shape if we lose the ball - which is likely to happen a lot with a player like him in the team trying things.

Harper

Ben Arfa

Carroll

*Or Taylor

I'll join you in a :fwap:

Harper

Ben Arfa

Carroll

*Or Taylor.

If HBA comes into the team and we're effectively safe (40+) I could see us being involved in some humdingers toward the end of the season.

Harper

Ben Arfa

Carroll

*Or Taylor.

Either way, I f***ing hope we get to see it before the season is out. :fwap:

That team is 4 upgrades away from being as good as anything outside of the top 4, maybe even better than that.

Harper

Ben Arfa

Carroll

*Or Taylor.

Either way, I f***ing hope we get to see it before the season is out. :fwap:

That team is 4 upgrades away from being as good as anything outside of the top 4, maybe even better than that.

Who are your 4 upgrades?

LW, RB, CB and CM?

Fair enough, my only concern there is Carroll and Shola find the same space at times but that could be worked on.

Ideally, there'd be another striker in Shola's position but until then we're stuck with Nigerian superstar. Just think that this season we've looked best in a 4-4-2.

Guest Nikos34

We all seem so sure that Ben Arfa is going to come back the same player. I hope he does but every player I know who has snapped both bones in half is never anywhere near the same player again. He looked to me the most exciting talent in the league at the start of the season. With a bit of luck Derek Wright will get him right.

I think jonas needs a rest. He keeps possession well but he doesn't seem to have the usual drive to run past players. I don't think he'll ever be able to cross well on a regular basis if he can't already.

HBA couldn't come back quick enough :sadnod: