Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

He gets right on my f***ing wick. I honestly can't enjoy or appreciate the performances of an attacking player who can't use the ball. He's just not a footballer. If he could swap brains with Sheringham he'd be alreet.

Yep. It seems a little hypocritical to me that Allardyce's style is (rightfully) despised on here, yet Jonas is pretty much adored. He's a functional player, there to win free kicks and waste time.

That's the most random comparison I've heard in a while.

Allardyce was boring and turgid, Jonas is dynamic and exciting... they're about as far apart as it's possible to get.

He should dribble to where he wants the ball to go to rather than shoot or cross.

:lol:

:lol:

It's a fair point in all honesty. Sometimes I wish he'd just run at them over and over again rather than trying to cross. Guarentee the success rate would be higher.

His contribution to the team should not be underestimated. He does the hard work and Enrique is more and more getting in great crosses so that is a good left side for me. His dribbling is very important, no one else does it. Once we get a few more quality players in like Ben Arfa and hopefully pass it about a bit more he will have more space to run at defenders and cut in like he used to.

All he contributes is occasionally winning free-kicks in dangerous positions. 5 assists and a goal in 43 Premiership starts.

Still, would like to see him on the right-wing.

At the expense of Barton who's basically the only creative force in this team at the moment?

Guest firetotheworks

He played his usual game at a much better level today, and even got some decent crosses in. If he did it more regularly, I think someone would have been there to head one in. He was very good today.

Jeckyl and Hyde performance, tore Hutoon to shreds for the whole game. Control was hit and miss in the first half but he was back to debut season form in the second half. Needs his confidence back and the crowd behind him to do so imo.

Can be a big player for us when he is in full swing.

Another decent game. His form's picking up a bit which is great news. Hopefully he can keep it up so we can keep him in the side when Ben Arfa comes back. There's no doubting that, when he's on his game, Jonas is one of our best attackers. Having him, Carroll, Nolan, Barton and HBA playing well in the same team - we'll score a lot of goals.

When he is confident the ball just seems to stick to his feet. He manages to come out of tackles with the ball even when he clumsily miscontrols it.

Wouldn't mind seeing him on the right again. Think Barton is better out there than the centre though.