Realistic Transfer Targets January 2011

Guest koenji

Does Pardew tend to sign domestic or foreign-based players? Yes, I know about Tevez and Masch and I'm also aware he likes Mullins, Harewood and Quashie. Is there any sort of list?

Somewhere in the recent pages of the Pards thread Dave's listed all the signings of Pards IIRC.

Does Pardew tend to sign domestic or foreign-based players? Yes, I know about Tevez and Masch and I'm also aware he likes Mullins, Harewood and Quashie. Is there any sort of list?

Somewhere in the recent pages of the Pards thread Dave's listed all the signings of Pards IIRC.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,72968.msg2664514.html#msg2664514

"Pardew – confident that he can squeeze cash out of owner Mike Ashley – is understood to have made striking reinforcements his priority at the turn of the year, although The Journal understands that Southampton striker Rickie Lambert is definitely not on his wish-list.

He is also hunting for a winger and a defender, although again a link to Saints stopper José Fonte can be discounted."

:lol:

http://www.uk-fc.net/forum/phpBB3/images/smilies/fishing.gif

Me? I am not. I just don't think our 1st year back in the Prem should be about building a squad it should be about getting a team on the pitch that can get us the points to stay up.

Thanks for posting it because if Wigan lose him and go back to Kirkland, I reckon they are down.

With the Spammers and Wolves also looking dodgy, this season might be easier than I imagined.

"Pardew – confident that he can squeeze cash out of owner Mike Ashley – is understood to have made striking reinforcements his priority at the turn of the year, although The Journal understands that Southampton striker Rickie Lambert is definitely not on his wish-list.

He is also hunting for a winger and a defender, although again a link to Saints stopper José Fonte can be discounted."

Good.

Well those are the priority positions for me and I agree they should be signed as first choice players. I am wary of players that look good in the championship though. No disrespect to the lad as he is a decent squad player but Routledge was sensational for us down there. Guthrie also looked a good CM but if we are singing midfielders to improve us they need to be quite a bit better than Routledge (and a hell of a lot better than Guthrie).

Really not intrested in fringe/squad/back up players being signed in Jan. To me the spots up for improving in the starting XI: striker, LW & maybe right back.

a spare left back wouldn't go amiss considering how reliant on jose we are

Really not intrested in fringe/squad/back up players being signed in Jan. To me the spots up for improving in the starting XI: striker, LW & maybe right back.

We have zero back up on left hand side at all only fill ins like Loven & Kadar. A backup left should be looked at in the summer lets make 1 or 2 signings that really count.

We have zero back up on left hand side at all only fill ins like Loven & Kadar. A backup left should be looked at in the summer lets make 1 or 2 signings that really count.

that's a bit silly. if jose hurts himself badly in the first week of feb then having a good back up will be a signing that really counts. striker and a left back priorities i reckon.

Adams from Blackpool

Brunt from West Brom

Bellamy from Cardiff

Seb Larsson from Birmingham

Elmander from Bolton

Moussa Sow from Lille

Any of these guys would improve us. Although 2/3 of them are unlikely.

I definitely agree with you about squad players like. Pretty bad crack if we're just accepting out current best XI and buying backups to them. Really not worth buying unless we're actually improving positions.

I definitely agree with you about squad players like. Pretty bad crack if we're just accepting out current best XI and buying backups to them. Really not worth buying unless we're actually improving positions.

sewelly, you know that turn you do on fifa all the time? how is it done? some other lad was doing it loads last night as well ;D

Guest Stephen927

Left back is the only position we should be looking to sign back-up for, we should be looking to strengthen everywhere else, though obviously left wing and up front are priorities.

sewelly, you know that turn you do on fifa all the time? how is it done? some other lad was doing it loads last night as well ;D

Which one? I'll say which ones I use in the FIFA thread.

that's a bit silly. if jose hurts himself badly in the first week of feb then having a good back up will be a signing that really counts. striker and a left back priorities i reckon.

We are not going to have meaga wedge in Jan so any wedge spent must be used to make the starting XI better. We dont have a backup for Jonas either so I would rather replace him than sign a back up LB.