Realistic Transfer Targets January 2011

Guest koenji

fairly certain weve been given green light by bentley like, dont think theres many transfers around world football anymore where the player isnt spoken to before clubs take time and effort to enter negotiations. should'nt happen but it does.

My mate is fairly certain Bentley won't come all the way to Newcastle as his lass has just had a baby and wants to be close to the family.

Nailed on then.

Just cos his lass had a kid doesnt mean she cant move as well......

Exactly.  Not as if they are skint and would have to save up to do it etc.

My only worry over Bentley is his attitude.  He's clearly talented, and like Barton was once written off by many I think Bentley can come good again and gain all the plaudits.  I just worry that he think's he's big time and stepping down from Spurs to a team he can walk in to if he comes here.  In reality he needs to prove himself again and work his way in to our squad and accept that he may not be first team player if Joey Barton is continuing to play so well on our right side of midfield.  We do need quality in depth, and Bentley does have it, but don't want him if he comes here with the attitude and doesn't work hard for his place in the side.

My only worry over Bentley is his attitude.  He's clearly talented, and like Barton was once written off by many I think Bentley can come good again and gain all the plaudits.  I just worry that he think's he's big time and stepping down from Spurs to a team he can walk in to if he comes here.  In reality he needs to prove himself again and work his way in to our squad and accept that he may not be first team player if Joey Barton is continuing to play so well on our right side of midfield.  We do need quality in depth, and Bentley does have it, but don't want him if he comes here with the attitude and doesn't work hard for his place in the side.

:thup: Well Said!

Isn't Sessegnon of PSG available? He is quite a versatile Midfielder and has plenty of Black Power.

from southampton i really wouldnt be surprised if we went for lallana or, especially, oxlade chamberlain. think pardew said we'd be after some young players this window too (along with his comment of occasionally needing to bring in older players).

You won't get Oxlade-Chamberlain. Wouldn't be surprised if you were trying for Lallana, I know Southampton are trying to get him on a new deal atm as his contract expires at the end of the season. You'd have to bid a fair amount to get him immediately though.

why not?

I keep reading charlie adams name popping up in this thread and others, is this a real link or is it just based off pards comments that bargains are to be found in lower leagues a la adam?

Although lacking pace, would be a great signing imo.

I would rather put the money into someone like him than bentley

Wouldn't want Charlie Adams...believe he's Blackpool's Kevin Nolan and do believe he's having the season of his life which isn't a true reflection on his quality.

Spot on.  Not good enough for us.

Wouldn't want Charlie Adams...believe he's Blackpool's Kevin Nolan and do believe he's having the season of his life which isn't a true reflection on his quality.

Spot on.  Not good enough for us.

:fishing:, right?

SSN reporting we're going to make a signing tomorrow?

You asking all telling us?

My thoughts exactly :lol:

Question mark kinda made it clear l thought!!!

It really didn't.

Anyway, have you just decided to ask whether SSN are saying that, or do you have some reason to think they are?