Realistic Transfer Targets January 2011

Guest koenji

Adam Hammill for 600k would be a good chancer signing since Pards seems to like lower league players.

Left winger as well isn't he?

Sounds versatile.

Doesn't have to be a bad thing Dave. Ben Arfa is versatile because he's a good all round footballer, Perch is versatile because he isn't good enough to nail down one position,

If Smith's off i wouldn't be against it as such. It seems a tad needless to be spending on that area of the team though. There's a bit of an Amdy Faye compound to this one. :undecided:

That's if there's anything in it, of course.

Providing we paid the right price i think it'd be very low-risk. We need to consolidate our position in the Premier League this year. So long as we're not blowing our summer funds, i'm fine with Pardew bulking the squad out a bit... especially if he's getting rid of deadwood like Smith.

Build and move forward in the summer, even keel and all that. :thup:

Providing we paid the right price i think it'd be very low-risk. We need to consolidate our position in the Premier League this year. So long as we're not blowing our summer funds, i'm fine with Pardew bulking the squad out a bit... especially if he's getting rid of deadwood like Smith.

Spending money on Glenn Whelan would be bloody mental, man.

Spending money on Glenn Whelan would be bloody mental, man.

I'd take a £1m punt on avoiding the fiasco of Smith playing.

The Egyptian international has cancelled his contract with Ajax and is looking for a return to the Premier League having already plied his trade in the English top flight with four different clubs. The troublesome forward has been through more clubs than Jack Nicklaus but at 27 he still has a number of years left in the sport as long as he retains the desire.

Agent Christophe Henrotay has been charged with finding a new employer for his client at he hinted that St James Park could well be Mido’s next port of call especially as it looks like the Magpies have missed out on the signature of Robbie Keane

“There is no agreement,” said Henrotay.

“A move to Newcastle looks difficult as they do not have lots of money but obviously they know a lot about the player as [Newcastle scouts] have seen him in action.” (Sportingo)

Alan Pardew would do well to steer clear of Egyptian striker Mido, whilst there is no denying that on occasion he has shown glimpses of the kind of ability that first got him his move from Ajax to Marseille and beyond he has over the past few years consistently failed to deliver, be it at Middlesbrough, Wigan, West Ham or when he returned to Cairo on loan to Zamalek.

Mido is a very temperamental player and a striker who is seemingly looking for his next big pay cheque after his Ajax contract was terminated a couple of days ago. Luckily for Newcastle United it appears that Leon Best has decided to up his game now that Andy Carroll is out injured and his hat-trick last night may negate the need to bring in further attacking back up/

:facepalm: :doh: