He has explosive feet

It's a shoe in as far as I am concerned

Mido is actually very good at what he does

He wouldn't cost a bomb

He has explosive feet

It's a shoe in as far as I am concerned

Worst post ever made.

:thup:

Who the fuck is Glenn Whelan? I mean, I recognise the name and know he plays in this country but I don't know who for (stoke?) Or which position he plays. I guess it's DM from the Smith replacement talk. How old is he? :lol:

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Who the fuck is Glenn Whelan? I mean, I recognise the name and know he plays in this country but I don't know who for (stoke?) Or which position he plays. I guess it's DM from the Smith replacement talk. How old is he? :lol:

27 soon

Hmm not that old then, we could do with a deputy to Tiote but won't be spending silly money.

Obviously have no idea if he is a step up from Smith, would definitely be on lower wages but we would still need to peddle Smith.

We need a bloody striker before we sign back ups for central midfield though.

Didn't think Whelan was a defensive midfielder, thought has more of a creative passer or playmaker sort. A few Championship clubs were chasing him 18 months ago as he was out of favour, believe he played his way back in to some games for Stoke and has since stayed. Not sure if he is of the quality we'd be looking for.

Didn't think Whelan was a defensive midfielder, thought has more of a creative passer or playmaker sort. A few Championship clubs were chasing him 18 months ago as he was out of favour, believe he played his way back in to some games for Stoke and has since stayed. Not sure if he is of the quality we'd be looking for.

Surely better off going for Adam if thats the type of player Pardew is looking for.

Guest kingdawson

Isn't Whelan one of Stoke's better players? I know he was good last season and i specifically remember him having a stormer against us at the Lane (scored too iirc). Good signing imo.

Guest kingdawson

Surely better off going for Adam if thats the type of player Pardew is looking for.

Whelan and Adam are nothing alike.

They're both ball central playing midfielders who can strike a football well but have limited physical attributes. They're very similar, except Charlie Adam is twice as good.

Guest kingdawson

They're both ball central playing midfielders who can strike a football well but have limited physical attributes. They're very similar, except Charlie Adam is twice as good.

?

Whelan is a tenacious centre midfielder in the Joey Barton mould. Him having "limited physical attributes" is pretty innacurate.

?

Whelan is a tenacious centre midfielder in the Joey Barton mould. Him having "limited physical attributes" is pretty innacurate.

Whelan is a midfield playmaker, just not a very good one. He's not that quick and not that strong, hence the limited physical attributes. Barton is hardly quick and strong is he?

Him and Charlie Adam are not a million miles away in playing style, hardly 'nothing alike'.

Guest kingdawson

?

Whelan is a midfield playmaker, just not a very good one. He's not that quick and not that strong, hence the limited physical attributes. Barton is hardly quick and strong is he?

Him and Charlie Adam are not a million miles away in playing style, hardly 'nothing alike'.

I don't agree. Adam is a playmaker and Whelan is a combatitive cm in the joey barton mould. He likes to put a tackle in and is relentless (something that charlie Adam clearly isn't). The only similarity is the they're both centre midfielders.

I saw Whelan a few times last season for Stoke and thought he looked good and he was excellent in a game for the republic of ireland in another game i saw.  Don't know if he's been injured but doesn't seem to have featured much this season.  He wouldn't be a bad signing, would be decent squad player and would offer more than Smith or Guthrie.