Realistic Transfer Targets January 2011

Guest koenji

Adel Taarabt.

He seems a bit temperamental to be honest. A fantastic talent but very much a home player unless we wanted to go 4-4-1-1 away from home with two sitting midfielders. I'd say they also want £4-5m+

QPR wont be selling him as he is there key player to getting into the Prem.

I heard that the current offer from Bolton is asking him to lower his pay. At the same time they have offered Cahill a new improved contract. I think Bolton needs to get him an offer out thats on par with how he currently performs. Otherwise Elmander could be a steal for an other club. Would be great for us.

He'll sign a new contract.

Don't Bolton have massive debts? If he's scoring and on a free, I doubt they could match the wages someone else would offer.

This was on the official website: "I've been talking to Eddie Davies and he's asked me to clarify the Bolton debt bandied around at £100million. Eddie's put £90million into this club, and the actual external debt is a mere £10million and that's secured at Barclays Bank."

We don't particularly need to sell, unless someone comes in with an offer we can't refuse: Cahill and Al-Habsi are the most likely to go.

This is the same striker who went on a nine month goal drought.

If it wasn't for this season (where his contract finishes at the end of it), we wouldn't even be talking about him.

Elmander was great for Toulouse and its clear that he struggled in the premiership as he had to aclimatize. Though to be fair to him, Megson was a horrible coach and Elmander was often not used in the right way.

He'll sign a new contract.

Don't Bolton have massive debts? If he's scoring and on a free, I doubt they could match the wages someone else would offer.

This was on the official website: "I've been talking to Eddie Davies and he's asked me to clarify the Bolton debt bandied around at £100million. Eddie's put £90million into this club, and the actual external debt is a mere £10million and that's secured at Barclays Bank."

We don't particularly need to sell, unless someone comes in with an offer we can't refuse: Cahill and Al-Habsi are the most likely to go.

The debt isn't the issue, the losses are.  How are Bolton going to either cut costs or increase revenue sufficiently to cover a £34m annual loss?  I can't see the owner continually putting £30m+ into the club to cover it.

Guest SuperShola!

Can we please have a good, solid, replacement for Jonas. We should keep him, cause' he's funny and stuff, but we need someone who can cross and create chances.

When's Benny back?

Guest SuperShola!

Can we please have a good, solid, replacement for Jonas. We should keep him, cause' he's funny and stuff, but we need someone who can cross and create chances.

When's Benny back?

:lol:

He's a comedy hero man.

When's Benny back?

He's a comedy hero man.

He would also be a great back up, as he can cover many positions and would be great to have when defending a lead due to his defensive capabilities and work rate. Would still get a lot of game time even if he weren't a regular starter. Wouldn't say that it is a priority to replace him though. Hes good....and funny.

Our over-reliance on Cheick Tiote is evident. Without him we are significantly inferior.

I would like us to explore the possibility of signing another defensive midfielder (young and cheap) - to deputise for Tiote, and also give us a bit of insurance should Tiote be purchased by others.

When's Benny back?

He's a comedy hero man.

He would also be a great back up, as he can cover many positions and would be great to have when defending a lead due to his defensive capabilities and work rate. Would still get a lot of game time even if he weren't a regular starter. Wouldn't say that it is a priority to replace him though. Hes good....and funny.

Lewis Mcugan