Realistic Transfer Targets January 2011

Guest koenji

Guest Roger Kint

Never get it done on time? There has been thousands of deadline day transfers done in a fraction of the time we have left ???

In time to be registered for the Stevenage game...

Is deadline 12 tomorrow? 5pm tomorrow? Still time to be honest, cant imagine registration takes that long considering how quiet the window is at the minute.

Guest Roger Kint

Never get it done on time? There has been thousands of deadline day transfers done in a fraction of the time we have left ???

The difference being the transfer deadline stops after that day so people pay stupid fees/wages etc. to get it done on time - we've got another three weeks of it, so why would we rush a signing through?

Without knowing who it is how should i know? Maybe they want him tied up before his club use him in the cup, maybe to prevent other clubs jumping the queue? For the record most deadline day deals wont be stupid fee/wages. Its not just big clubs who use it......

The difference being the transfer deadline stops after that day so people pay stupid fees/wages etc. to get it done on time - we've got another three weeks of it, so why would we rush a signing through?

Without knowing who it is how should i know? Maybe they want him tied up before his club use him in the cup, maybe to prevent other clubs jumping the queue? For the record most deadline day deals wont be stupid fee/wages. Its not just big clubs who use it......

Stupid fees/wages doesn't mean high fees/wages, it means paying beyond their market value.

Clubs take other clubs to the cleaners on deadline day, because they know it's their player or nothing - they try their best to get a couple of extra quid out of the buying team because they know they'll have to either pay it, or do without.

Guest taps01

#nufc transfer news. Pardew: 'We've made an enquiry today that we hope is going to be successful'

5 minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone

from mark douglas twitter

#nufc transfer news. Pardew: 'We've made an enquiry today that we hope is going to be successful'

Confirmed interest in Bentley... In a round about way. #nufc

Mark Douglas twitter

So I'm guessing we want Bentley in before Saturday

[/2+2 = 6]

Guest Roger Kint

I am well aware of what it means cheers, you say it like its a trade secret. I cant beleive a simple remark over it not being strange to settle a deal in under 24 hours has come to you dumbing down such a trivial issue like i am neesy or stifler ;D

Guest taps01

Confirmed interest in Bentley... In a round about way. #nufc

Mark Douglas twitter

So I'm guessing we want Bentley in before Saturday

[/2+2 = 6]

I think it is Bentley

I am well aware of what it means cheers, you say it like its a trade secret. I cant beleive a simple remark over it not being strange to settle a deal in under 24 hours has come to you dumbing down such a trivial issue like i am neesy or stifler ;D

Sorry, but "For the record most deadline day deals wont be stupid fee/wages. Its not just big clubs who use it......" suggested that stupid = high. Guess I read it wrong :dontknow:

Guest Roger Kint

Sorry, but "For the record most deadline day deals wont be stupid fee/wages. Its not just big clubs who use it......" suggested that stupid = high. Guess I read it wrong :dontknow:

Yes you did. If you assumed 'big clubs' meant the Citehs of the world as well you would also be wrong.

Guest MrSundlofer

Skysports saying this Puncheon is set to move to the Premiership. Weren't we supposedly interested in him?

Pardew had him at Southampton.

Skysports saying this Puncheon is set to move to the Premiership. Weren't we supposedly interested in him?

Puncheon - be surprised if he is.  He has been known for indiscipline and had problems with not doing what he was told to by the manager while at Plymouth.  Does have good pace and quick feet, scored some goals too.  But he doesn't track back or work for the team defensively from what I remember, but my knowledge on him is a few years out of date. Maybe he's got a bit more mature and has started working harder.

Guest taps01

and with that Alan Pardew rushed off to try & complete #nufc 2nd signing of Jan. AP on top form today: interesting stuff for tomorrow.

half a minute ago via Twitter for iPhone

My guess is that we get Bentley this window and some lower league squad players. Would like Charlie Austin tbh. He is good in FM :)

My guess is that we get Bentley this window and some lower league squad players. Would like Charlie Austin tbh. He is good in FM :)

got enough cover for his position. (unpacey forwards) a player more like nicky maynard would be better.

from southampton i really wouldnt be surprised if we went for lallana or, especially, oxlade chamberlain. think pardew said we'd be after some young players this window too (along with his comment of occasionally needing to bring in older players).

from southampton i really wouldnt be surprised if we went for lallana or, especially, oxlade chamberlain. think pardew said we'd be after some young players this window too (along with his comment of occasionally needing to bring in older players).

You won't get Oxlade-Chamberlain. Wouldn't be surprised if you were trying for Lallana, I know Southampton are trying to get him on a new deal atm as his contract expires at the end of the season. You'd have to bid a fair amount to get him immediately though.