Ben Tozer

Skeletor

What have we got against this guy?

He played for us in the league cup last season and tried a "Zidane Spin" in his own area and messed it up and we conceaded because of it, we got knocked out because of his shocking performance that night, thing it was vs Peterborough.

The youth that we've apparently scouted and brought in under a fanfare has generally been a right load of old s****, either that or ignored and underused.

Spear, Zamblera, Tozer, I suspect Kadar will be on his bike very soon (although that's not really his fault, the lad's made of glass), we can only hope Vuckic doesn't go the same way although he will if he doesn't get some first team football under his belt soon. No idea what's going on with the likes of Adjei. It's saying something that Ranger's probably been the pick of the bunch.

Obvious troll is obvious?

The youth that we've apparently scouted and brought in under a fanfare has generally been a right load of old s****, either that or ignored and underused.

Spear, Zamblera, Tozer, I suspect Kadar will be on his bike very soon (although that's not really his fault, the lad's made of glass), we can only hope Vuckic doesn't go the same way although he will if he doesn't get some first team football under his belt soon. No idea what's going on with the likes of Adjei. It's saying something that Ranger's probably been the pick of the bunch.

Obvious troll is obvious?

I have absolutely no idea what that means.

The youth that we've apparently scouted and brought in under a fanfare has generally been a right load of old shite, either that or ignored and underused.

To be fair, it's the same with just about every club in the league. Recruit loads of players at 17/18 from other parts of the country/world and for a number of different reasons you'll be lucky if you get one that ends up with the first team.

It's a gamble bringing in young players and if you spend £5m on 10 players and only one makes it, you still pick up a top player for £5m. I guess Vuckic will hopefully be that player for us and as Wullie says, Kadar is injury prone unfortunately as he's looked very good.

Spderberg may make it as well and Ranger will bring some money back in when we sell him.

It's a gamble bringing in young players and if you spend £5m on 10 players and only one makes it, you still pick up a top player for £5m. I guess Vuckic will hopefully be that player for us and as Wullie says, Kadar is injury prone unfortunately as he's looked very good.

Spderberg may make it as well and Ranger will bring some money back in when we sell him.

Krul is a good example for a young player purchased that came through. so is N'Zogbia.

A lot of players peak very early or simply fail to develop well when they're no longer the best player in their youth team.  A lot of youngsters do very well if they develop early and are physically bigger than their peers, they'll always stand out.  Once the other youngsters have caught up and they can't guarantee being 6-inches taller than the next nearest player or can't out-muscle opponents they get found out pretty quickly.  Some players will simply be unable to adjust to life away from their homes and support networks.

For every player who gets more than a couple of first team league appearances there will be 20 who fail to make the grade, that's always been the case.  That doesn't mean you abandon the youth system, it just means you need 20 more kids who might make the grade.

Krul is a good example for a young player purchased that came through. so is N'Zogbia.

Yeah we've definitely done it before. I was thinking more under Ashley. But those two prove that you only need 10% to pay off to get a return on your overall investment.

The youth that we've apparently scouted and brought in under a fanfare has generally been a right load of old shite, either that or ignored and underused.

To be fair, it's the same with just about every club in the league. Recruit loads of players at 17/18 from other parts of the country/world and for a number of different reasons you'll be lucky if you get one that ends up with the first team.

Maybe so, it's quite surprising how much of a dead duck some of them have been though, to the point where they're not even getting in the reserve side. I'd love to know the story behind signings like Zamblera.

Did he ever get on the field when he went to Roma and Sampdoria?

Maybe so, it's quite surprising how much of a dead duck some of them have been though, to the point where they're not even getting in the reserve side. I'd love to know the story behind signings like Zamblera.

Did he ever get on the field when he went to Roma and Sampdoria?

Don't think so. Zamblera was a really strange one. Why were Roma and Sampdoria interested in him? Possibly peaked physically early and therefore looked better than he was at youth level?

Still sceptical on Vuckic. Hoping it's just the injuries and he gets back in his stride, but hoping I would've seen something from him in his few first team appearances, however scarce.

Guest BooBoo

Really thought Vuckic would have broken through but he's been hampered by injuries. Big season ahead, whether it's with us or on loan elsewhere. If he really is all that, he needs to start showing it soon.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Seen very little from him tbh. And I can't really see where he's going to fit in the future if he does turn out decent.

Glad he's had a good season there and Northampton have decided to keep him on. Ok he didn't make the grade here, but we've got to keep investing in the future, even if it doesn't pay off. There's probably some sell on clause if we've let him go for free.

Spear and others didn't get on with Joe Joyce and were being kept back another year to continue playing under him rather than Peter Beardsley who they did get on with.

Guest BooBoo

Most of the players we picked up under the Wise era have been hyped as "something special" yet have almost to a man (or should that be boy?), failed to deliver. I think Vuckic is the last big hope. It's a shame out of the crop, we've not had one really break through.

Guest WashyGeordie

Most of the players we picked up under the Wise era have been hyped as "something special" yet have almost to a man (or should that be boy?), failed to deliver. I think Vuckic is the last big hope. It's a shame out of the crop, we've not had one really break through.

Bassong's the only good one out of the 'crop' isn't it apart from Vuckic (although still untested)? And even Bassong was down to Keegan.

Bassong's the only good one out of the 'crop' isn't it apart from Vuckic (although still untested)? And even Bassong was down to Keegan.

as soon as he came good he was a keegan signing, before he made it he was a wise signing.

Guest WashyGeordie

as soon as he came good he was a keegan signing, before he made it he was a wise signing.

http://www.funnycorner.net/funny-pictures/3844/funny_cat_pictures_163.jpg