Collymore blasts lazy MOTD pundits

Guest BooBoo

Guest Craig-NUFC

I remember Collymore saying in the winter that all clubs in England should be required to have undersoil heating or be excluded from the league, so although he's right, he has no right to criticise anyone.

I remember Collymore saying in the winter that all clubs in England should be required to have undersoil heating or be excluded from the league, so although he's right, he has no right to criticise anyone.

I agree with him to an extent. I think all clubs in the PL should have undersoil heating. If you get promoted and don't have it, well, you're about to get a pile of cash. No reason for top flight games to be cancelled for that reason.

Collymore is mostly right. Gets the Ulkrika thing thrown at him by callers on TS a lot, and usually handles it pretty well. Also correctly predicted Liverpool's demise shortly after they finished 2nd - saying they needed to sell Gerrard, or they'd slide down out of contention and the top 4.

Guest KeithKettleborough

Not a fan of Stan. Lucky to be given further opportunities but seems like he's turned his life around so good luck to him. Think he's right about MOTD. Regarding Shearer, the Ben Arfa thing doesn't really bother me to be honest. However its the stuttering, pauses and errors in his analysis of many games that is lazy. There is always at least one analysis that is fairly fluent and obviously well rehearsed but many of the others show a lack of preparation and rehearsal. For the money paid to them, and the time they actually are on screen, they should have the analysis almost word perfect. Its become a bit stale anyway and needs a shake up. Old Jug Ears is becoming more childish and even the once serious and decent analyst Dixon, is being drawn into the drivel. As for MOTD 2 and the presentation on there, well no need to comment. Strayed onto MOTD 3 I think it was on the red button or whatever and that was 10 times worse than 2.

Hopefully enough folk will e mail the Beeb with their complaints but of course, its unlikely they will take any notice.

Yeah but he always talks over people to get his point across and his accent....  well

I think his viewpoints can be quite interesting and he does seem to see things from a fan's perspective but often his shows can be unlistenable because he constantly talks and shouts over callers or his co-presenters.

Can't take anyone on Talksport seriously.  They over exagerate a point and go on the wind up all the time, trying to be a bit contreversial to get callers in.  The annoying thing is, when they're not trying to stir it up, I actually quite like Collymore and even Durham, think he's actually quite a good journalist TBH. 

Gough and Quinn talk some right shite on there, haven't got a fucking clue, at least Big Mick always shouts down anyone bad mouthing NUFC though, usually with made up stats and facts  :lol:

I think Gary Neville on Sky has put most of the football pundits on other shows to shame. He seems to be very articulate and has genuine insight where others like Shearer just trot out banal predictable waffle without saying anything at all.

I think Gary Neville on Sky has put most of the football pundits on other shows to shame. He seems to be very articulate and has genuine insight where others like Shearer just trot out banal predictable waffle without saying anything at all.

He does have the huge disadvantage of being a wet little rat-faced cunt, though.

Hmm I dunno like, the cringeworthy interview he did with Mancini, saying Leon Best has came through the ranks with Shola, then went onto mention it another couple of times saying how they knew each others game inside out, Jonas has played left back numerous times for Argentina and there was another massive fuck up from him that has escaped my memory, little help anyone?

Hmm I dunno like, the cringeworthy interview he did with Mancini, saying Leon Best has came through the ranks with Shola, then went onto mention it another couple of times saying how they knew each others game inside out, Jonas has played left back numerous times for Argentina and there was another massive fuck up from him that has escaped my memory, little help anyone?

All valid points but being a wet rat faced cunt is probably the biggest drawback.

He does have the huge disadvantage of being a wet little rat-faced c***, though.

Indeed, I find his voice fucking annoying too.

:lol: I sort of agree with your original point TBF.  He's making quite a few fuck ups and seems a bit nervy, but he's entusiastic and also talks a lot of sense.  It's just so hard to like that guy! 

Still, it's better than listening to Jamie "when I was at Liverpool, when I was at Bournemouth, when I was at Tottenham, when my Dad was manager at Bournemouth zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Redknapp.  Owen was literally a greyhound was he?  Oh and Torres was literally on fire, Charlie Adam plays at Quarter Back  :idiot2:  The bloke is such a wanker.

I genuinely think if you spent more than an hour in the company of Souness you'd suffer from depression and want to kill yourself, that man is such a negative, boring cunt.

Basically most the sky pundits are just as irritating, so many of them know sod all when they get paid a shit load to have more than just a basic knowledge of the top 6 clubs and to talk about past glories (look no further than the Soccer Saturday panel).

I actually quite like Wilkins, but he does say "My word" an awful lot.

Excuse the rant, you've set me off Tron  :lol:

Starting to get a soft spot for Wilkins now. During the Man U-Chelsea game he seemed so touched that he had the privilege of watching football. Kept saying things like "You know what? I'm just so happy to be here watching this. Two wonderful sides - this is marvellous".