Collymore blasts lazy MOTD pundits

Guest BooBoo

I like Marcotti even though loads don't.

:thup:

Best commentry team around is Sky cricket team, good banter, all have an insightful knowledge of the game, great stuff.

Totally agree, apart from Nasser, miserable fucking dullard.

People such as Windass and Merson are fine, fine pundits.

Merson is alright, a six hour show wouldn't work without the banter. Windass is down there with Ian Wright in the 'what were they thinking putting these clowns on TV' group.

Wasn't it during the WC where Shearer laughed about how he knew nowt about the 2 teams that were playing?

Was poor like.

We may have some people over here in the States that I can't really stand (looking at you Max Bretos and Alexi Lalas) but even if I hate them they still generally know their know shit and do their research and give it a real go.

Now the football match commentary with Americans is a totally different story, absolutely shit.

I prefer your Lynams and Motsons for any type of comment.

Shearer is so dull it's unbeleivable, the rest are as bad. Collymore is 100% right, at least you would think that they would know the whole team and the subs bench pretty well. All you would have to do is spend 2-3 hours on the forums or on the club pages to find out relevant news.

They also lack a bit of decent humour, Lineker I don't mind but again he's just too much of a goody two shoes!

People such as Windass and Merson are fine, fine pundits.

Merson is alright, a six hour show wouldn't work without the banter. Windass is down there with Ian Wright in the 'what were they thinking putting these clowns on TV' group.

Can't be doing with either of them. I'm trying not to comment because Merson gets me shaking with rage, useless twat.

Football Ramble is great. If I owned a TV network I'd make that into a TV show, and make an equivalent of the Sunday Supplement but with Marcotti, Sid Lowe, Honigstein etc.

The best mainstream punditry team is Sky's Champions League (sans Redknapp) because Souness and Gullit at least know what they're talking about.

Not sure why anyone pays any attention to pundits.

Personally, I find something to do if its half-time on a live match or fast forward if its MOTD recording.

This, Guys on here, and Stan Collymore are switched on to thier football. Always thought Pundits and John Motson were talking to clueless southerners Tbh.

Having said this Im an avid listener the the Legends, Football punditry gone bad. But its 2hours a night of the bird not talkig to me. :lol:

He offers some great insight sometimes but he is obscenely big headed and full of himself.

Prefer the Ramble and the Guardian podcasts though. Ramble is brilliant, often genuine LOL stuff.

Some of the former players/managers like Taylor, Souness, Gullit, Klinsy offer some good insight mind too but they're way out numbered by jokers that know fuck all like Bright, Shearer, Claridge et al.

:thup:

Best commentry team around is Sky cricket team, good banter, all have an insightful knowledge of the game, great stuff.

Totally agree, apart from Nasser, miserable fucking dullard.

Nasser knows his stuff tbf.

I must admit that Shearers performance on MOTD Saturday was a bit poor when Ben Arfa was mentioned and also in the world cup (Fugazi) BUT I don't think it deserved a roasting by Collymore, after all he comes out with some proper poppycock sometimes!

he also hangs around carparks watching people shagging.

Collymore isn't the right person to say this given his past. Also he was a bit of a lazy cunt on the pitch, he could be amazing one week and then doing fuck all the next.  The fiasco over him retiring is another example of him being a tit. Needs someone with bigger respect in the game to say it.