Chelsea 3 - 4 Newcastle United - 22/09/10 - post match reaction from page 45

Dave

Hope Hughton takes this competition seriously for your sake: what a chance has opened up.

It’s a fourth rate competition and ceased being worth anything when Boro lifted the trophy. Stick with the second string CH.

Bullshit. I'd f***ing love to win it, even if it's partly to get the trophy monkey off our backs.

Exactly. If we won it there would be loads of ‘any old s*** will do as long as it’s a trophy’ types celebrating like we’d won the Champions League, which would be really embarrassing for those of us who still think NUFC is a proper club not some micky mouse outfit.

So basically you don't want to win a trophy because it's not big enough. And people wonder where the 'deluded Geordies' thing comes from.

I’m not bothered about winning the LC as it’s a thoroughly shite competition. The only clubs that take it seriously nowadays are crappy third rate outfits. Everybody else fields reserve sides, which makes winning it meaningless. That’s the truth of the matter, and there’s nowt deluded about that.

What about playing in Europe? I guess that's shite too because it's not the Champions League.

As I said, your posts here are a prime example of why we get the shit we do.

Exactly. If we won it there would be loads of any old s*** will do as long as its a trophy types celebrating like wed won the Champions League, which would be really embarrassing for those of us who still think NUFC is a proper club not some micky mouse outfit.

I don't think we'll win it but if we do I'll celebrate as long and as hard as anybody.

The only clubs that take it seriously nowadays are crappy third rate outfits.

Recent League Cup finals

2005: Liverpool vs Chelsea

2006: Man Utd vs Wigan

2007: Arsenal vs Chelsea

2008: Chelsea vs Spurs

2009: Man Utd vs Spurs

2010: Aston Villa vs Man Utd

Some proper third rate clubs there like, none of them are anywhere near as big as we are.

Krul - 7 - error for the first but recovered well and was solid from there on in

Ferguson - 9 - didn't put a foot wrong IMO. Couple of brilliant crosses.

Coloccini - 8 - solid as a rock, showed how much we need him when he went off

Campbell - 6 - looked shaky in the first but grew into it

R.Taylor - 8 - One of the best performances I've seen from him and what a goal

Ranger - 7 - at fault for their first and let PVA run free for their second but made amends with his goal and general other play.

Vuckic - 8 - solid, kept it ticking over nicely and was always looking for it.

Smith - 6 - not bad for him, conceded a couple of silly fouls, poor for their first, went missing in the second half

Jonas - 7 - couple of decent runs and a nice assist from the corner, bit hit or miss at times though

Shola - 9 - Outstanding, might as well have been playing up top by himself n all

Lovenkrands - 5 - did absolutely nowt and looked fucked after 60mins

----

Tiote - 6 - not a RB but did ok, never a pen

Williamson - 6 - looked a bit shakey, never a pen

Fucking hell, was busy tonight. What the fuck??!! Did we outplay them? How were the young lads? Had a feeling about this game too, wish I'd had the balls to put on a bet!

Battered them after a sloppy start tbh. Should have had the game killed off before they came back into it.

Can't wait to see this. I'm actually not really surprised at all. So encouraged by our team spirit at the moment, Hughton is doing a fantastic job. Long may it continue!

Guest malandro

Hope Hughton takes this competition seriously for your sake: what a chance has opened up.

It’s a fourth rate competition and ceased being worth anything when Boro lifted the trophy.  Stick with the second string CH.

Bullshit.  I'd f***ing love to win it, even if it's partly to get the trophy monkey off our backs.

Exactly. If we won it there would be loads of ‘any old s*** will do as long as it’s a trophy’ types celebrating like we’d won the Champions League, which would be really embarrassing for those of us who still think NUFC is a proper club not some micky mouse outfit.

So basically you don't want to win a trophy because it's not big enough. And people wonder where the 'deluded Geordies' thing comes from.

I’m not bothered about winning the LC as it’s a thoroughly s**** competition. The only clubs that take it seriously nowadays are crappy third rate outfits. Everybody else fields reserve sides, which makes winning it meaningless. That’s the truth of the matter, and there’s nowt deluded about that.

What about playing in Europe? I guess that's s**** too because it's not the Champions League.

As I said, your posts here are a prime example of why we get the s*** we do.

Off who, the media? You can to dance to their tune if you want. I’ll pass on the performing monkey act.

It’s a fourth rate competition and ceased being worth anything when Boro lifted the trophy.  Stick with the second string CH.

Bullshit.  I'd f***ing love to win it, even if it's partly to get the trophy monkey off our backs.

I’m not bothered about winning the LC as it’s a thoroughly s**** competition. The only clubs that take it seriously nowadays are crappy third rate outfits. Everybody else fields reserve sides, which makes winning it meaningless. That’s the truth of the matter, and there’s nowt deluded about that.

What about playing in Europe? I guess that's s**** too because it's not the Champions League.

As I said, your posts here are a prime example of why we get the s*** we do.

Off who, the media? You can to dance to their tune if you want. I’ll pass on the performing monkey act.

No answer to the actual question?

Krul - 7 - error for the first but recovered well and was solid from there on in

Ferguson - 9 - didn't put a foot wrong IMO. Couple of brilliant crosses.

Coloccini - 8 - solid as a rock, showed how much we need him when he went off

Campbell - 6 - looked shaky in the first but grew into it

R.Taylor - 8 - One of the best performances I've seen from him and what a goal

Ranger - 7 - at fault for their first and let PVA run free for their second but made amends with his goal and general other play.

Vuckic - 8 - solid, kept it ticking over nicely and was always looking for it.

Smith - 6 - not bad for him, conceded a couple of silly fouls, poor for their first, went missing in the second half

Jonas - 7 - couple of decent runs and a nice assist from the corner, bit hit or miss at times though

Shola - 9 - Outstanding, might as well have been playing up top by himself n all

Lovenkrands - 5 - did absolutely nowt and looked fucked after 60mins

----

Tiote - 6 - not a RB but did ok, never a pen

Williamson - 6 - looked a bit shakey, never a pen

I'm glad someone else has noticed that. He really held our effort together tonight.

Its a fourth rate competition and ceased being worth anything when Boro lifted the trophy.  Stick with the second string CH.

and thats why we get the shit we do.

What Chelsea records did we just ruin/end, anyone? :thup:

Hadn't conceeded a goal in 8672 games at home.

They'll just tweak that stat and throw league in there. I hate it when stats get as specific as that, like saying Blackpool haven't won a  premier league fixture away at Wolves in the history of the world.