Chelsea 3 - 4 Newcastle United - 22/09/10 - post match reaction from page 45

Dave

Krul - 7 - error for the first but recovered well and was solid from there on in

Ferguson - 9 - didn't put a foot wrong IMO. Couple of brilliant crosses.

Coloccini - 8 - solid as a rock, showed how much we need him when he went off

Campbell - 6 - looked shaky in the first but grew into it

R.Taylor - 8 - One of the best performances I've seen from him and what a goal

Ranger - 7 - at fault for their first and let PVA run free for their second but made amends with his goal and general other play.

Vuckic - 8 - solid, kept it ticking over nicely and was always looking for it.

Smith - 6 - not bad for him, conceded a couple of silly fouls, poor for their first, went missing in the second half

Jonas - 7 - couple of decent runs and a nice assist from the corner, bit hit or miss at times though

Shola - 9 - Outstanding, might as well have been playing up top by himself n all

Lovenkrands - 5 - did absolutely nowt and looked f***ed after 60mins

----

Tiote - 6 - not a RB but did ok, never a pen

Williamson - 6 - looked a bit shakey, never a pen

I'm glad someone else has noticed that.

You should of said something during the match mate.

Hope Hughton takes this competition seriously for your sake: what a chance has opened up.

Its a fourth rate competition and ceased being worth anything when Boro lifted the trophy.  Stick with the second string CH.

Bullshit.  I'd f***ing love to win it, even if it's partly to get the trophy monkey off our backs.

Exactly. If we won it there would be loads of ‘any old s*** will do as long as it’s a trophy’ types celebrating like we’d won the Champions League, which would be really embarrassing for those of us who still think NUFC is a proper club not some micky mouse outfit.

and thats why we get the shit we do.

:facepalm:

Thought Shola was wank in the first half. Redeemed himself and then some in the second though.

Don't think Coloccini put a foot wrong.

He did alreet, held it up well, brought others into the game neatly and was a threat on the counter attack, obviously some standard Shola shit in there n all but the support he got from Lovenkrands was diabolical so he was doing it more or less by himself. Why Hughton didn't take Lovenkrands off I don't know. Don't want to knock Hughton though, first manager to win at Chelsea in since 86/87.

Krul - 7 - error for the first but recovered well and was solid from there on in

Ranger - 7 - at fault for their first and let PVA run free for their second but made amends with his goal and general other play.

Smith - 6 - not bad for him, conceded a couple of silly fouls, poor for their first, went missing in the second half

Jonas - 7 - couple of decent runs and a nice assist from the corner, bit hit or miss at times though

Shola - 9 - Outstanding, might as well have been playing up top by himself n all

----

Are you kidding? I did. Use your search button.

Krul 6 - Recovered really well after the initial error.

Taylor 6 - Class from the dead ball, alright overall.

Cambell 5 - Slow, contributed to the opener too.

Colo 8 - Quality.

Fergson 8 - Well played lad, didnt put a foot wrong and put some cracking deliveries into the box.

Ranger 6 - Has a mixed bag but he was always a threat in the air.

Smith 3 - f***ing awful.

Vuckic 7 - Thought he looked sharp without being spectacular. Good ball retention.

Jonas 6 - Lacked quality at times but put a decent shift in.

Shola 9 - Class. His opener was sensational. He always looked a threat, could and should of had a hattrick.

Lovenkrands 4 - Who? Were we not playing with ten men?

Tiote and Williamson 6 - Unlucky with the penalty. Tiote did well in a square peg in round hole position.

Edit: In hindsight I was harsh on Taylor.

----

Are you kidding? I did. Use your search button.

;) http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,71632.msg2527018.html#msg2527018

Just got back. Throat is killing me. Best night of my life so far. THAT WHY WE'RE CHAMPIONS! THAT WHY WE'RE CHAMPIONS! THAT WHY WE'RE CHAMPIONS! THAT WHY WE'RE CHAMPIONS! THAT WHY WE'RE CHAMPIONS!

Hats of to Hughton and all the lads for playing well and also having a lot of character to boot as well. Shola has unbelievable tekkers!

Guest black n white

were newcastle and we beat the champions, we beat the champions, we beat the champions, 4-3, 4-3, 4-33333, 4-3 were newcastle and beat the champions

:D i know its not the exact team that won the prem but still