Chelsea 3 - 4 Newcastle United - 22/09/10 - post match reaction from page 45

Dave

Want to give an honorable mention to Krul for tonight.  Totally fucked the shit on the first one but overall he had some great saves and also knew when to pull out if it was going wide.  I think in an odd way the bad first goal let him settle down and play more to his strengths. 

Also, Ranger played well for having to be out on the wing for the majority of the game - showed a lot of discipline for a young kid (with a rumored attitude problem) being stuck out of position.  Also saw him do some serious tracking back quite often.

Krul - 7 - Couldn't do nout about the second or third goals, and although I think he maybe could have saved the first, it was deflected and Smith should never have put him in that position.

Ryan Taylor - 7 - Sweet free kick, some testing deliveries and I think the noticeable decline in our defence after his substitution was no coincidence.  Hilarious lunge tackle. 

Coloccini - 9 - A beast.

Campbell - 7 - Good debut.  Mix up with him and Krul, but both had recovered by the time the goal went in, and again it was Smith and Ranger combining to allow it to happen.

Shane Ferguson - 9 - Nimble, pacy, confident with a wicked cross and Chelsea didn't get past him down that side all night.  Fantastic.

Ranger - 7 - Good goal, and some good hold-up play.  Cataclysmic error in defence to allow their first, but he's a striker, and probably shouldn't be asked to play in his own box anyway. 

Smith - 5 - God, he really wants to get sent off doesn't he.  Awful tackles.  Some good, admittedly, but mostly awful.  Some of his passes are getting worryingly Butt-esque.

Vuckic - 5 - Anonymous, really.  Didn't drive forward much.  Backed out of a few tackles.  Not awful, but not really creating much.  Not overly impressed.

Jonas - 6 - Largely anonymous again, I felt.  Was awful for the first fifteen minutes, passed three times straight to Chelsea players.  But grew in confidence and was better as the game moved on.

Ameobi - 3 (First half)/8(Second half) - A complete engima, wor Shola.  Awful as piss sprayed all over your face in the first half.  Like Messi second half.  Impressive U-turning, even for Shola.

Lovenkrands - 4 - Awful miss.  Tbh, I don't recall him doing anything of note.

Williamson - 8 - Slotted in where Coloccini had nicely.  No worries there.

Tiote - 6 - Poor guy.  Asked to play at right back in his second match.  We got raped down that side after he came on.  Should never have been penalised for the brush on Alex.  But keep him in the midfield please, Hughton.

I'm debating whether to stay up for the goals, as I have to get up at 640am (I am Sky+ing it though) Bound to be Man United on first as I said earlier, anyway and then Liverpool losing to Northampton.

I have to get up at 6am. You can't live for work mate, go for it ;) Stay up and feel like crap in the morning!

Krul - 7 - error for the first but recovered well and was solid from there on in

Ferguson - 9 - didn't put a foot wrong IMO. Couple of brilliant crosses.

Coloccini - 8 - solid as a rock, showed how much we need him when he went off

Campbell - 6 - looked shaky in the first but grew into it

R.Taylor - 8 - One of the best performances I've seen from him and what a goal

Ranger - 7 - at fault for their first and let PVA run free for their second but made amends with his goal and general other play.

Vuckic - 8 - solid, kept it ticking over nicely and was always looking for it.

Smith - 6 - not bad for him, conceded a couple of silly fouls, poor for their first, went missing in the second half

Jonas - 7 - couple of decent runs and a nice assist from the corner, bit hit or miss at times though

Shola - 9 - Outstanding, might as well have been playing up top by himself n all

Lovenkrands - 5 - did absolutely nowt and looked f***ed after 60mins

----

Tiote - 6 - not a RB but did ok, never a pen

Williamson - 6 - looked a bit shakey, never a pen

I'm glad someone else has noticed that.

You should of said something during the match mate.

Are you kidding? I did. Use your search button.

;) http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,71632.msg2527018.html#msg2527018

I still don't get it. You've just linked me to your reply to a post I made about Lovenkrands.

I have always been a defender of Shola. He's not the greatest, but he's nowhere near the useless fucker that most fans suggest. He can drive you mad when he miscontrols the ball, but he does cause defenders problems in certain situations and he never hides.

Krul - 6

R.Taylor - 7

Ferguson - 8

Coloccini - 8

Campbell - 6

Ranger - 8

Jonas - 7

Smith - 6

Vuckic - 7

Ameobi - 9

Lovenkrands - 5

Williamson - 6

Tiote - 6

From an outsider's point of view, these ratings are pretty much spot on. Was impressed with how Ranger recovered after a criminal lack of concentration for the 1st.

Guest black n white

I'm debating whether to stay up for the goals, as I have to get up at 640am (I am Sky+ing it though) Bound to be Man United on first as I said earlier, anyway and then Liverpool losing to Northampton.

I have to get up at 6am. You can't live for work mate, go for it ;) Stay up and feel like crap in the morning!

im up at 5.30am tomorrow, and im staying up to watch them :D

I get up that early to take wor lass to work and then I look after the bairn for the day! I might head downstairs and see who's on first.

Krul - 7 - error for the first but recovered well and was solid from there on in

Ferguson - 9 - didn't put a foot wrong IMO. Couple of brilliant crosses.

Coloccini - 8 - solid as a rock, showed how much we need him when he went off

Campbell - 6 - looked shaky in the first but grew into it

R.Taylor - 8 - One of the best performances I've seen from him and what a goal

Ranger - 7 - at fault for their first and let PVA run free for their second but made amends with his goal and general other play.

Vuckic - 8 - solid, kept it ticking over nicely and was always looking for it.

Smith - 6 - not bad for him, conceded a couple of silly fouls, poor for their first, went missing in the second half

Jonas - 7 - couple of decent runs and a nice assist from the corner, bit hit or miss at times though

Shola - 9 - Outstanding, might as well have been playing up top by himself n all

Lovenkrands - 5 - did absolutely nowt and looked f***ed after 60mins

----

Tiote - 6 - not a RB but did ok, never a pen

Williamson - 6 - looked a bit shakey, never a pen

I'm glad someone else has noticed that.

You should of said something during the match mate.

Are you kidding? I did. Use your search button.

;) http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,71632.msg2527018.html#msg2527018

I still don't get it. You've just linked me to your reply to a post I made about Lovenkrands.

I have always been a defender of Shola. He's not the greatest, but he's nowhere near the useless fucker that most fans suggest. He can drive you mad when he miscontrols the ball, but he does cause defenders problems in certain situations and he never hides.

He definitely has his moments. Shola was as good tonight against Chelsea as he was against Forest last season. Maybe better. Then he scored one and set up another, tonight he scored two, fluffed a sitter, and set up a great chance for Lovenkrands to fluff.