Chelsea 3 - 4 Newcastle United - 22/09/10 - post match reaction from page 45

Dave

Guest jeffers09

Ah would have loved to have been there what a night for them fans that made the journey totaly gutted i missed it but still buzzing wish i didnt have work tommrow the pubs calling.

Guest malandro

Hope Hughton takes this competition seriously for your sake: what a chance has opened up.

Its a fourth rate competition and ceased being worth anything when Boro lifted the trophy.  Stick with the second string CH.

Bullshit.  I'd f***ing love to win it, even if it's partly to get the trophy monkey off our backs.

Exactly. If we won it there would be loads of ‘any old shit will do as long as it’s a trophy’ types celebrating like we’d won the Champions League, which would be really embarrassing for those of us who still think NUFC is a proper club not some micky mouse outfit.

Wasn't on TV here.

Ameobi with two?!

:smitten:

Could easily have had another one. Lövenkrands should have scored and Ranger should have had one more too. We were fucking dominating the game between the 20th and 65th minute.

Hope Hughton takes this competition seriously for your sake: what a chance has opened up.

Its a fourth rate competition and ceased being worth anything when Boro lifted the trophy.  Stick with the second string CH.

Bullshit.  I'd f***ing love to win it, even if it's partly to get the trophy monkey off our backs.

Exactly. If we won it there would be loads of any old s*** will do as long as its a trophy types celebrating like wed won the Champions League, which would be really embarrassing for those of us who still think NUFC is a proper club not some micky mouse outfit.

WUM surely?

It’s a fourth rate competition and ceased being worth anything when Boro lifted the trophy. Stick with the second string CH.

Bullshit. I'd f***ing love to win it, even if it's partly to get the trophy monkey off our backs.

Exactly. If we won it there would be loads of ‘any old shit will do as long as it’s a trophy’ types celebrating like we’d won the Champions League, which would be really embarrassing for those of us who still think NUFC is a proper club not some micky mouse outfit.

So basically you don't want to win a trophy because it's not big enough. And people wonder where the 'deluded Geordies' thing comes from.

Man United will be on first (on BBC1)

No wonder the BBC gets so much shite for its football coverage. You'll not see many more exciting games than ours yet they show Man Utd steamroller bloody Scunthorpe.

Wasn't on TV here.

Ameobi with two?!

:smitten:

Could easily have had another one. Lövenkrands should have scored and Ranger should have had one more too. We were fucking dominating the game between the 20th and 65th minute.

Lovenkrands just doesn't have the physical presence to get involved in a game like that. If there's any point in him being there, it's as a goal poacher, but he completely fluffed the one, easy chance that came his way. I just don't see what he's offering the side.

Next round, I'd try Ranger and Shola together.

Guest neesy111

Shola should have scored again, Loven should have too, and Ranger had a glorious chance.

We pretty much bossed that game.

This is correct.

No wonder the BBC gets so much shite for its football coverage. You'll not see many more exciting games than ours yet they show Man Utd steamroller bloody Scunthorpe.

To be fair, because the League Cup games are in the evening, they have to choose a main match before the games start because there simply isn't enough time to edit otherwise!

It’s a fourth rate competition and ceased being worth anything when Boro lifted the trophy.  Stick with the second string CH.

Exactly. If we won it there would be loads of ‘any old s*** will do as long as it’s a trophy’ types celebrating like we’d won the Champions League, which would be really embarrassing for those of us who still think NUFC is a proper club not some micky mouse outfit.

You'd turn down a trophy and European football? Are you off your tits?

Guest malandro

It’s a fourth rate competition and ceased being worth anything when Boro lifted the trophy.  Stick with the second string CH.

Exactly. If we won it there would be loads of ‘any old s*** will do as long as it’s a trophy’ types celebrating like we’d won the Champions League, which would be really embarrassing for those of us who still think NUFC is a proper club not some micky mouse outfit.

So basically you don't want to win a trophy because it's not big enough. And people wonder where the 'deluded Geordies' thing comes from.

I’m not bothered about winning the LC as it’s a thoroughly shite competition. The only clubs that take it seriously nowadays are crappy third rate outfits. Everybody else fields reserve sides, which makes winning it meaningless. That’s the truth of the matter, and there’s nowt deluded about that.

It’s a fourth rate competition and ceased being worth anything when Boro lifted the trophy. Stick with the second string CH.

Bullshit. I'd f***ing love to win it, even if it's partly to get the trophy monkey off our backs.

:lol: It's an unbelievable attitude. It's like refusing to have sex with anyone on the premise "if I'm not fucking Cheryl Cole, I'm not fucking anyone, that'll show em". Absolutely unreal. :lol:

I’m not bothered about winning the LC as it’s a thoroughly shite competition. The only clubs that take it seriously nowadays are crappy third rate outfits. Everybody else fields reserve sides, which makes winning it meaningless. That’s the truth of the matter, and there’s nowt deluded about that.

It's still a bloody trophy, and a guaranteed place in the Europa League man.

No wonder the BBC gets so much s**** for its football coverage. You'll not see many more exciting games than ours yet they show Man Utd steamroller bloody Scunthorpe.

And it was on TV anyway.

this collymores fucking right on them the thick bastards

Smith = Is a first team player as I class regulars as first team players, that may well change in near future.

Loven & Shola = I class them as 1st team players as when we play 442 it will be them with the AC & they are way above the likes of Best & Ranger who I would class as the fringe strikers.

Are you joking, smith was embarrasing. Unbelievably bad central midfielder, no effort to make himself available. Lazy and useless.

Smith was poor?!? Really? I still think CH classes him as first team player

The problem is, central midfielders have to be busy, always trying to make themselves available whether it be for a fullback or striker. If you look at the best midfielders in the world, ie xavi, iniesta, gerrard, scholes they make the effort to always be an option. Tonight i see smith pointing at the fullback to play an aimless long ball because he isnt running into a position where he can receive the ball. That lack of work, and the following inadequacy with the ball at his feet, results in long ball football because balls have to be played longer to miss him out. I would rather see him at right back where he has less effect on the game. He is like a fish out of water in the central midfield. The game passes him by because he is at nowhere near the required level to be playing there. In terms of fitness or ability.

Seriously I know Smith is poor I am not Alan Shearer ffs, I watch a lot of football. I think CH classes him as first team player. In this day & age of squad rotation & 3 subs I don't think first team players are just the best XI anymore.