Chelsea 3 - 4 Newcastle United - 22/09/10 - post match reaction from page 45

Dave

Just point out that the Chelsea team had a combined 374 international caps, and we had four players starting who have never started a PL game. The result as much as it was a good one for us was an embarassment for Chelsea and its featured players.

Exactly.

Don't even know why I've bothered to respond again. They're barely football fans.

They're a twattish bunch of spoilt c***s, is how it looks.

Yep, exactly my first thoughts. I've given up arguing though, it's a waste with plastic supporters like that who don't know what it's like to follow a real club. I was about respond to the 'big club' jibe, but yeah it's just a waste of time.

Chelsea were f***ing nowt till Abramovich turned up. 

Just point out that the Chelsea team had a combined 374 international caps, and we had four players starting who have never started a PL game. The result as much as it was a good one for us was an embarassment for Chelsea and its featured players.

Exactly.

Don't even know why I've bothered to respond again. They're barely football fans.

Yep, exactly my first thoughts. I've given up arguing though, it's a waste with plastic supporters like that who don't know what it's like to follow a real club. I was about respond to the 'big club' jibe, but yeah it's just a waste of time.

Devils advocate, but Abramovich's first match in chrage of Chelsea was a CL qualifier. IT's not a Man City situation. They were a serious club before.

Exactly.

Devils advocate, but Abramovich's first match in chrage of Chelsea was a CL qualifier. IT's not a Man City situation. They were a serious club before.

It's not far off.

1 league title in their history before he turned up. Even we've got 4.

i had the most beautiful dream,yesterday...only it wasn't,great game,great goals and a s@#$ penalty,that wasn't ! shola's first kinda reminded me of the goal asprilla scored in that "infamous" 4-3 loss to liverpool,and damn he looked so casual about it.howay lads.

Exactly.

It's not far off.

They were a run of the mill club, not terrible but not doing amazingly either. In the current league, I remember them being about as good as Villa or Everton maybe.

Exactly.

It's not far off.

They were a run of the mill club, not terrible but not doing amazingly either. In the current league, I remember them being about as good as Villa or Everton maybe.

That's all they've ever been. A 'cup club' that would never think about winning the league. Hope the bastards fall like a pack of cards once Abramovich goes/dies.

Honestly, I wouldn't begrudge any big, well supported and historic club from getting investment and going on to win things. The only problem I have is a club like Man City who inflate the market to absurdly ridiculous degrees.

I would, because Chelsea are a bunch of nasty caaants.

I'd genuinely hate supporting a club like that.

Honestly, I wouldn't begrudge any big, well supported and historic club from getting investment and going on to win things. The only problem I have is a club like Man City who inflate the market to absurdly ridiculous degrees.

You see, I'm the opposite to this. I hate the fact that it's only an elite few who can win the top honours, if it takes a billionaire to invest to help someone else get there then so be it.

You see, I'm the opposite to this. I hate the fact that it's only an elite few who can win the top honours, if it takes a billionaire to invest to help someone else get there then so be it.

Football is completely fucked at the moment anyway. It would be to the benefit for everybody if the bubble would burst for a number of top clubs. Nobody is going to get anywhere without money the way it stands.

Shola's two goals were excellent to be fair to him. The first is the coolest goal he's ever scored. Brilliant goal, tbh.

Ya it was cool but I think a better keeper would have saved it. On coolness though, Anelka's penalty has to be up there as one of the coolest penalty...it just rolled into the inside of the side netting

Shola's two goals were excellent to be fair to him. The first is the coolest goal he's ever scored. Brilliant goal, tbh.

A better keeper would have saved it.

Pretty much this.

It's Shola dude... no keeper would saved it because stunned by his awesomeness

Exactly.

Hmmm... I'm not Chelsea's biggest fan and there were some dicks there on Wednesday, but the fact that (ticket offer notwithstanding) they still had over 40k at a Wednesday night game to essentially watch two reserve teams is of massive credit to them. The game would have been a whole lot less enjoyable had it been played out in front of 20-25k like Anfield was. I feel the atmosphere played a large part in both teams going for it as it's not often, especially for our lads, they'd have got to play in environments like that from the kick off. To say Chelsea aren't a 'real club' because they were bought out by a mega rich bastard isn't really fair - they were reasonably well supported beforehand.

It's annoying when people are dicks and needlessly aggressive like those guys on that forum, but as is evidenced from the F365 quote above, they have reasonable fans and dickhead fans, just like us and other clubs.

Guest elbee909

A better keeper would have saved it.

Pretty much this.

But you can say this about so many goals it's ridiculous.

Fair play to Chelsea for the attendance, aye. We got approached by a load of people outside trying to get tickets.

They probably weren't the bulk of the hardcore fans, but you can understand a broader range of people when the tickets were £20 and league games there are 50-something.