Shane Ferguson joins Millwall on a permanent deal

Pilko

My tadger has experience still doesn't mean I know what I'm doing with it...sorry best example I could think of. Got nowt to lose starting the lad.

Pardew will not risk him imho as he will want experience but i would play him

This lad never put a foot wrong yesterday. He obviously oozes confidence. You can tell by his demeanour that he wants the ball all the time, knows what to do and actually can carry the ball past what he seems to consider inferior opponents.

This of course will probably mean that he cannot be allowed to play and must be 'protected', whatever that means.

In all seriousness, from what I've seen of him so far I can't possibly imagine him not turning out to be at least a decent player barring some sort of absurd injury.

I've just jinxed it haven't I?

Really wanted that shot after the little run to go in, so bad. With him and Coleman N Ireland could have a handy pair of fullbacks for the next few years.

A right little terrier. Good skills as well. Definitely a winger for me, with excellent workrate qualities for tracking back which could make him a very reliable little player. Probably still cover at the moment as we could do with bringing in a top winger to play either side, but has already shown enough that I would feel confident in him whenever he does gets a start.

Been having a scan on 'Our Wee Country', a Norn Iron forum, and most of them are annoyed that he keeps getting left out of the squad. Eligible for the Republic aswell apparently.

He's already had an appearance off the bench for N.Ireland

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/internationals/8087413.stm

That was in an experimental B squad. Not a competitve game either so does not cap-tie him.

Been having a scan on 'Our Wee Country', a Norn Iron forum, and most of them are annoyed that he keeps getting left out of the squad. Eligible for the Republic aswell apparently.

He's already had an appearance off the bench for N.Ireland

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/internationals/8087413.stm

That was in an experimental B squad. Not a competitve game either so does not cap-tie him.

.co.uk must have it wrong too then.

Absolute spackers if they don't cap him considering some of the shite that gets capped by them.

Maybe he's not getting called up as he's told them he wants to hold out for the Republic...

Possibly but if it were me I'd at least be forcing him into making the decision publicly.

Guest Nikos34

Is there any reason whatsoever why this lad shouldn't start every game from now until the end of the season? I can't think of one.

Guest toonlass

Absolute spackers if they don't cap him considering some of the shite that gets capped by them.

Maybe he's not getting called up as he's told them he wants to hold out for the Republic...

Possibly but if it were me I'd at least be forcing him into making the decision publicly.

He's played for Norn Iron since he was a nipper. Is he really likely to change his side now?

He's played for Norn Iron since he was a nipper. Is he really likely to change his side now?

Happens a fair bit in international footy, unfortunately.