NUFC vs Stoke Pre Match Thread - Sun 26th Sept 4.10pm (live on Sky)

James
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Not surprised at Lawro's prediction like, he stuck his neck out (rightly so) for the Blackpool game and it backfired. After our great away wins, we still have the tiny stigma over our home form, there seems to be doubts that we can break teams down when we're the possession side, the only way to lose that tag is stuff them on Sunday.

Guest Tall Striker

Not surprised at Lawro's prediction like, he stuck his neck out (rightly so) for the Blackpool game and it backfired. After our great away wins, we still have the tiny stigma over our home form, there seems to be doubts that we can break teams down when we're the possession side, the only way to lose that tag is stuff them on Sunday.

One home defeat in 19 months, and a 6-0 home win a month ago and we have 'doubts' over our home form.

And Lawro is a cunt

Why? Genuine question btw. I don't particularly like him but I don't understand the scale of feeling towards him.

Nah, he is a cunt of the highest order. Watch Football Focus and you'll see.  Even last saturday on it, someone did better than him on the prediction thing and his response was something like..

"what does he do all day? nothing.  i bet he sits and looks at every single stat, i just pick mine on the bus on the way over"

One home defeat in 19 months, and a 6-0 home win a month ago and we have 'doubts' over our home form.

a few of those months were close season and the majority of the rest were in a lower division. i dont think home form is the only issue anyway as much as our ability to put away stronger than championship teams whose plan is to be physical.

i thin k we'll win comfortably but i can easily understand those that think it may be different.

And Lawro is a c***

Why? Genuine question btw. I don't particularly like him but I don't understand the scale of feeling towards him.

Nah, he is a c*** of the highest order. Watch Football Focus and you'll see.  Even last saturday on it, someone did better than him on the prediction thing and his response was something like..

"what does he do all day? nothing.  i bet he sits and looks at every single stat, i just pick mine on the bus on the way over"

thats why he's there man, he's the beebs version of talksport, just says stuff to get a reaction and you'll watch every week to have a go at him.

No point in stating 19 months when 12 were spent in a far inferior division. Secondly i'm saying since our Blackpool result our home form looks a bit shakey but i'm not saying that from my personal point of view as i know that Blackpool was just a blip (and we'll win on Sunday imo), i'm saying it from Lawro's. Look at it this way, 2 homes games this season, one resounding win another a diabolical loss, we're a bit of an enigma so far so he's not going to stick his neck out.

Guest Tall Striker

No point in stating 19 months when 12 were spent in a far inferior division. Secondly i'm saying since our Blackpool result our home form looks a bit shakey but i'm not saying that from my personal point of view, i'm saying it from Lawro's. Look at it this way, 2 homes games this season, one resounding win another a diabolical loss, we're a bit of an enigma so far so he's not going to stick his neck out.

You said we've in poor home form, i thought 'form' was usually decided on the most recent run of results. You decided the topic of conversation, not me.

No point in stating 19 months when 12 were spent in a far inferior division. Secondly i'm saying since our Blackpool result our home form looks a bit shakey but i'm not saying that from my personal point of view as i know that Blackpool was just a blip (and we'll win on Sunday imo), i'm saying it from Lawro's. Look at it this way, 2 homes games this season, one resounding win another a diabolical loss, we're a bit of an enigma so far so he's not going to stick his neck out.

The "diabolical loss" should have been a resounding home win, we just didn't score when we should have. 

We will need a strong ref for this one as the brutish Huth or Shawcross are easily capable of dispensing career threatening injuries to one of our more creative players if they look to be getting on top in this game.

No point in stating 19 months when 12 were spent in a far inferior division. Secondly i'm saying since our Blackpool result our home form looks a bit shakey but i'm not saying that from my personal point of view, i'm saying it from Lawro's. Look at it this way, 2 homes games this season, one resounding win another a diabolical loss, we're a bit of an enigma so far so he's not going to stick his neck out.

You said we've in poor home form, i thought 'form' was usually decided on the most recent run of results. You decided the topic of conversation, not me.

Yes, form is the recent run of results but if you stick a home in front of it that makes our 'home form' which takes away our recent away results. And i never said our home form was 'poor', i said we had a stigma attached after the Blackpool game as to whether we could break down teams at home, when we're the side that is supposed to press the opposition defence.

The "diabolical loss" should have been a resounding home win, we just didn't score when we should have. 

Shoulda, woulda, coulda. We had a few half decent chances but it was a performance lacking in drive and creativity and a very poor loss that has made us hard to predict with 2 totally juxtaposing outcomes. All i'm saying is, i can see why he made that prediction with those recent home results, i don't actually agree with it and think we'll win comfortably.

Shoulda, woulda, coulda. We had a few half decent chances but it was a performance lacking in drive and creativity and a very poor loss that has made us hard to predict with 2 totally juxtaposing outcomes. All i'm saying is, i can see why he made that prediction with those recent home results, i don't actually agree with it and think we'll win comfortably.

Shoulda, coulda without any doubt.  I'm not sure that we were lacking drive and creativity as we had loads of chances but we hit them at the keeper most of the time.  We seemed to think that the game was going to be too easy and the only thing we missed was the cutting edge due to complacency and we'll not do that in a hurry.  I was as frustrated as anybody as we would have won the game if we’d gone about it in the way we have with every other game played this season.  Our problem after we’d made the changes was putting too many players in the Blackpool box when we would have been better off just changing the players like for like and keeping our shape.

Just On the off chance, anyone knowing anywhere in kissimme, florida that will be showing it?

Cheers in advance ;)

Try this link.  http://www.britishflorida.com/index.php/PUBS-British-and-Irish.html

KISSIMMEE The Albert Pub [and Harry Ramsbottoms Fish and Chip shop] [407] 396-4114 British owners Rodney and Pamela Forton.

KISSIMMEE The Franchise Grill and Bar [321] 805-0038 Shows English/European soccer--Brits go there. British manager Gary Routledge.

KISSIMMEE Fawlty Towers Pub [407] 397-7778. Opened 2007.

KISSIMMEE Rovers Return English owners Debbie and Stuart Price [407] 870-1535

KISSIMMEE Fox and Hounds English owners Jan /Erica Huet [407] 847-9927

KISSIMMEE Fish and Chips and Beyond Restaurant. [Call to see if they serve alcohol. British owner [407] 396-7888