NUFC vs Stoke Pre Match Thread - Sun 26th Sept 4.10pm (live on Sky)

James
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I would tempted to start Sol for Perch for the long balls though

Sol at right back?  :lol:

No Colo at right back

Why move our best CB out of his posision? Makes no sense.

Makes perfect sense to me...we need more height to deal with Stokes long ball shit!Perch is our weak link,he will be targeted.Etherington is there best player so It would make perfect sense for our best defender to mark him

I would tempted to start Sol for Perch for the long balls though

Sol at right back?  :lol:

No Colo at right back

Why move our best CB out of his posision? Makes no sense.

Makes perfect sense to me...we need more height to deal with Stokes long ball shit!Perch is our weak link,he will be targeted.Etherington is there best player so It would make perfect sense for our best defender to mark him

Trying to match stoke is not the best way, use pace and skill.

Near all stokes goals come from crosses/headers.

Would make sense to play campbell in a game like this, Colo's been better in the air recently but the likes of Jones/Fuller are a tougher test than most.

Start Carroll at CB and Ameobi up front :snod:

I don't see Houghton changing the team from the Everton one really. It's worked out really well with the result in mid week as the "rested" players now know that there is someone who is pushing for their place. Hopefully this will give people like nolan and perch a kick up the arse to play better than they have been! I'll say 2-1 to us!

Raylor instead of  Perch please

Perch has been fine, the lad can't win on here. Probably stoke's best player is their left winger and I would rather have the better defensive player in my squad against him than the one that can't ping in a great freekick.

Agree.

Taylor got done easily by van aanholt in a dangerous position for what could have been a 2nd yellow. Hes never looked that strong defensively, a good fk/strike of the ball was always his strong point. Didnt get him ahead of Simpson in the champ & shouldnt now unless he improves in that area.

Really buzzing for this, evits going to be such an anti-climax.

You said that as if you're looking forward to the anti-climax :lol:

Realised that as soon as I pressed post.

Really buzzing for this, even thought its very much likely going to be such an anti-climax. - ammended.

Would make sense to play campbell in a game like this, Colo's been better in the air recently but the likes of Jones/Fuller are a tougher test than many.

I'd be reluctant to break up the impressive Colo and Willy  partnership. But if CH is convinced they are going to pepper us with the long high ball then yes it would make sense to play campbell at cb as he's a fantastic header of the ball and campbell is not going to be shoved off it as easy as colo would either.

Shame we haven't got Taylor fit or Forster back either as we probably could play the tallest goal keeper and defenders combined  in the league:

Forster (6'7)

S Taylor (6'2) Williamson (6'4)  Campbell (6'2)   Kadar (6'2)   

... and bring Carroll (6'4), Vuckik (6'3) and Ameobi (6'2/6'3) back to defend set pieces/corners.

We certainly aren't a team of midgets anymore. If ever we are getting a pasting playing it on the deck against a team of small fuckers we have a good option of going long with Carroll, Ameobi and co.

As it happens i trust CH to get this right he seems very defensively minded and has done pretty well thus far. They'll come for a draw we'll take some time to score our first but once we do it'll end up 3- 1 to us Barfa and Routledge/Jonas to be the ones rip them open. Gola Ameobi coming off the bench to score our last.

Thank God you're not manager toptoon.

Thank god your not a teacher.

I said thats what "we could play". Never said i would

Apologies your obviously foreign and not got a grip of the language yet (either that or your just not very bright).

Could is a word used to express possibilities...

You may wish to look it up in a big book called a dictionary.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Thank God you're not manager toptoon.

Thank god your not a teacher.

I said thats what "we could play". Never said i would

Apologies your obviously foreign and not got a grip of the language yet (either that or your just not very bright).

Could is a word used to express possibilities...

You may wish to look it up in a big book called a dictionary.

Master Nessy English Professor says:

Your and You're should be learned to enhance your posting quality as you're in danger of becoming a Nessy.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Would make sense to play campbell in a game like this, Colo's been better in the air recently but the likes of Jones/Fuller are a tougher test than many.

I'd be reluctant to break up the impressive Colo and Willy  partnership. But if CH is convinced they are going to pepper us with the long high ball then yes it would make sense to play campbell at cb as he's a fantastic header of the ball and campbell is not going to be shoved off it as easy as colo would either.

Shame we haven't got Taylor fit or Forster back either as we probably could play the tallest goal keeper and defenders combined  in the league:

Forster (6'7)

S Taylor (6'2) Williamson (6'4)  Campbell (6'2)   Kadar (6'2)   

... and bring Carroll (6'4), Vuckik (6'3) and Ameobi (6'2/6'3) back to defend set pieces/corners.

We certainly aren't a team of midgets anymore. If ever we are getting a pasting playing it on the deck against a team of small fuckers we have a good option of going long with Carroll, Ameobi and co.

As it happens i trust CH to get this right he seems very defensively minded and has done pretty well thus far. They'll come for a draw we'll take some time to score our first but once we do it'll end up 3- 1 to us Barfa and Routledge/Jonas to be the ones rip them open. Gola Ameobi coming off the bench to score our last.

:lol:

Toptoon's ultimate team for Stoke

Forster(6ft7)

Saylor(6ft2)    Williamson(6ft4)  Campbell(6ft 2)    Kadar (6ft 2)

Ranger (6ft 2)  Vuckic (6ft 2)  Nolan (6ft 0)    Xisco (6ft2)

Ameobi(6ft 2)        Carroll(6ft3)