Players you were right/wrong about.

Lotus

Don't think he was captain until the second season was he? Seem to remember Lee and Beardsley captaining the team that year. Maybe wrong though.

Nah that's correct. Gullitt made him captain, even :lol:

Guest jonnyameobi

Thought Ranger would have been showing his class by now, not really had a chance tho

Owen - always knew he was a prick

Willamson - thought he'd be rubbish, how wrong I was

Enrique - knew he was a class act

Of current side;

Carroll - RIGHT, I knew he had something when he scored that goal against Stoke

Coloccini - WRONG(maybe..!), thought he would never adjust to the PL ; so far he has done well this season ;

hope he can keep it up..

Williamson - NOT DECIDED ; he worries me with his tendency to hold/grapple with forwards in the box, but otherwise quite steady.

Enrique - RIGHT; was convinced from the start he would make it

Lovenkrands - RIGHT, thought he would be lightweight and is.

HBA and Tiote ; Looks good, think they will make it.

In the past;

Supermac - RIGHT, thought he would be sensational after seeing him play for Luton and was even better than I thought.

Keeley - WRONG, though he had all the attributes, but he was dire

Tomasson - RIGHT AND WRONG ; thought he would be good and was - but NOT at SJP through factors outside his control..

Far too many others, but a mix of right & wrong.

Alan Shearer: WRONG. Thought he was going to be a title-winning captain of NUFC. Never came close to winning the league while he was here.

1st Season Perhaps we came close ???

If he hadn't been injured for several weeks, we might well have won the PL, but the main problem was that parts of the side were needing replacement and KK walked after Christmas.

Wrong:

Smith - Never thought we were getting a striker, but at least thought we were getting a decent midfielder who could chip in with the odd goal.

Guivarc'h - although didn't get a chance here.

Owen and Shearer - RIGHT - I spotted their decline, and the consequences, much earlier than most.

Milner - WRONG - I didn't see him making the progress that he has over the last two years.

Going back in time, I got Waddle spectacularly wrong. When I first saw him play, I couldn't work out how he'd even been able to become a professional.

Owen - Wrong

Duff - Wrong

Bramble - Wrong

Boumsong - Right - Couldn't believe we were paying that much for a player from Rangers who'd just gone there on a free

Sibierski - Wrong. OK, he wasn't brilliant, but he did far better than I expected

Milner - Right. Never wanted him to leave, always thought he was one of our best players.

Enrique - Right. Loved him from the very outset.

Ameobi - Wrong. Thought he'd progress to be a fantastic player. He hasn't progressed at all.

Carroll - Wrong. Thought he'd do an Ameobi and not progress at all. He has.

Guttierez - Wrong. Thought he'd be a tremendous acquisition but he's consistently failed to deliver and though I've defended him for playing on the left when right footed I'm running out of patience.

Routledge - Right. Though how anyone who saw QPR play at St James' last season could ever have said otherwise is beyond me. He tore us apart that day. Didn't know it was him at the time, just remember saying to my mate "Jesus, that guy in the red boots is having a blinder!". :lol:

Beardsley - Wrong. Thought he was past it and that £1m was too much to pay for a 30 year old. :(

There's probably hundreds more.

Wrong

Solano - who's this Solero fella? Bet he's shit. Aye, i was one of them.

Emre - thought he'd take us back to the champions league.

Martins - always said he was shit, and had the brain of an actual dribbling spastic. Didn't really score that many for us.

Wrong

Solano - who's this Solero fella? Bet he's shit. Aye, i was one of them.

Martins - always said he was shit, and had the brain of an actual dribbling spastic. Didn't really score that many for us.

On that subject, our away shirt last year. Hated it when I first saw it, but it's brilliant, isn't it? :smitten:

Milner - RIGHT. Some people thought he was awful here, but to me he (along with Given) were our best players. Was gutted when we sold him.

Sibierski - WRONG. I think everyone got this wrong. Bit of a cult hero by the end.

Best & Perch - RIGHT. They're obviously rubbish (I know its early for Perch....)

Luque - RIGHT. I just couldn't imagine him being good.

Onyewu - WRONG. Thought he'd be fantastic for us.

Cacapa- WRONG. Lyon captain on a free.....sounded great!

Xisco - RIGHT. Similar to Luque. I was always under the impression that he was rubbish.

Routledge - RIGHT. I was so giddy the day that he signed, because I knew he'd do well here.

Nicky Butt - WRONG & WRONG. Thought he was very average at first at Man U but he turned to a decent player. Very good cover for Keane, decent on the ball as well. Was also wrong when we signed him, thought he'd carry some of that over, he didn't!

Was wrong about :

Viana

Ranger - this season, thought he would drift into obscurity but has been impressive in the league cup and reserves

Solano- thought he would be class in the championship when he signed for Leicester

Geremi - thought he was bought to play RB

Owen

right about :

Diatta,Cacapa,Pancrate- awful signings

Souness and Allardyce -  :weep:

Ryan Taylor- literally just a good striker of the ball, nothing else

Keegan mk III  - Knew it would end in tears

Wrong- Enrique, Solano, Speed. All three had poor starts and came good.

Right- Ramage, Brittain, Huntington, Alan o'Brien who all looked shite to begin with and got no better.

Wrong

Solano - who's this Solero fella? Bet he's s***. Aye, i was one of them.

Martins - always said he was s***, and had the brain of an actual dribbling spastic. Didn't really score that many for us.

:lol: :lol: