I dont think stoke are relegation fodder

womblemaster

I think they will finish mid table.

NOt sure the real stoke team were playing first half.

They have def improved their squad and have a cutting edge. 

Now this doesnt excuse our lack of chances in final thrid, but I dont think this result is as bad as the blackpool one.

CH still has to change things about tho.

I have to disagree. Stoke are a very poor side. Every third pass becomes a hopeful punt that the opposition can snap up possesion from. They will be near the bottom 3 as will Blackpool.

We have the players to beat both these sides but poor team selection and formation has thrown away 6 precious points and it is unforgivable.

We shot ourselves in the foot, Stoke were there for the taking in the 1st half, it was inevitable that 'that same Stoke team' would not appear for the second half, since their 2-0 defeat to Chelsea at the Bridge they've been on a good run, mid-table finish this season and continue to build from there

Stoke got the joint 4th most clean sheets in the prem last season, they've always been good defensively. That combined with Carroll having little next to him & we didnt look to do much.

We played well generally, sat back to much on the goal & let ourselves down with the set pieces.

On a more serious note, what changed them in the second half was the return of Delap's throws. With him they're mid-table, without him they're s***, as we saw in the first half.

As silly as it sounds, I'll be happy when Delap finally retires......

On a more serious note, what changed them in the second half was the return of Delap's throws. With him they're mid-table, without him they're s***, as we saw in the first half.

As silly as it sounds, I'll be happy when Delap finally retires......

Not silly at all. The bloke is an utter cunt and calling him a footballer is debatable.

That game was torture. We wanted to play football, they didn't. And we couldn't impose ourselves on the game at all. I understand that the way the play is probably ensuring their best chance of finishing above relegation spots, but if every team played like that, football would not be game, the entertainment, the event it (usually) is.

"but if every team played like that, football would not be game, the entertainment, the event it (usually) is."

so? whats that got to do with stoke city being in the premiership.  You have to accept that a large part of the premiership game is purely numbers and money. Its pulis` job to see stoke remian there on a minimum budget, he knows he cant do it with pretty football, so he doesnt try. HEs pragmatic.

Newcastle could play pretty football all season and get relegated, because we dont have the quality squad we had from previous years.....its quite clear we have a lot of ave players in our squad now: sadly we may also have to learn to play ugly to stay up.

Stoke are now more established in this league than Newcastle are, like it or not.

It's not a massive shock that a side who have been in the league fairly comfortably for a few years now have gone and won at a newly promoted side. I personally had it down for a draw but that point you've dropped is more than cancelled out by unexpected results against us & Villa. No need for mass panic.

I hate Stoke, they epitomise everything thats bad about the modern Premiership. There isn't much of an attempt to play football but they've found a squad, a set up and a method to get enough points to stay up. The fans are ok with it, they have supported a club that's come from nowhere and they don't care what it looks like. But that's the way it is, it's legal and if you want to get anywhere you have to deal with it. Like a few others we couldn't.

Pulis is the spawn of Allardyce tbh...

Guest stokie5554

I respect all of your views but like somebody said up there we've come from nothing and now were playing on the big time it's nice to see anything as long as were up there. I'm sure the best part of 10,000 Stoke 'fans' would agree with you saying our football is shit because they haven't seen us when we were realy bad and by those 10,000 I mean part timers. Like I say they have never seen us struggle get a point against Huddersfield and shite like that so they see us hoof a ball and moan but the 15,000+ real fans who have seen us at our bad times all love it because it's mint for us. I'm only 16 and ive Bin going since I was 3 and I can't tell you how far we've come as a team in so little time, not just a team but as a community it's all going forward were going on the right way I know this is irrelevent to us being relegation fodder but I know what I mean lol. As of yesterdays game I thought we were very poor first half on another day you would have beaten us 4 or 5 - 0, I honestly thought you would beat us 2-0 hense the reason I wasn't looking forward to traveling all that way lol but I'm glad I did now. Also I think your fans are mint apart from tottenham your ground has had the best atmosphere.

On a more serious note, what changed them in the second half was the return of Delap's throws. With him they're mid-table, without him they're shit, as we saw in the first half.

Wrong - the turnaround started as soon as the second half started and they started battering a Newcastle team who went to water.

They might still have been losing when Delap came on, but we could all see what was happening (hitting the woodwork twice), and no one was surprised when they did eventually equalise (and go on to win)

Sure, Delap's throws had an influence, but we'd already psyched ourselves out by the time he came on