Man City 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 03/10/10 - post match reaction from page 33

Dave

Chelsea gained class? Man City have all the cunts of the game?

Are you lot forgetting Messrs Cole, Terry and Drogba are still all at Stamford Bridge? 3 of the most classless individuals you will ever likely see on the football field.

The worst thing about Man City is they've basically collected the biggest cunts in football into one team.

Yeah, but the best thing is they've probably outspent chelski and are arguably no closer to being a title winning team than when Sinatra and Sven were about.

Horrible, horrible spending they've done man. Truly horrific.

Chelsea gained class? Man City have all the cunts of the game?

Are you lot forgetting Messrs Cole, Terry and Drogba are still all at Stamford Bridge? 3 of the most classless individuals you will ever likely see on the football field.

cole and terry you have a point but ive always had a soft spot for drogba despite his rolling around etc :smitten:

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2010/10/05/manchester-city-2-1-newcastle/

Interesting read.

The most obvious tactical element was Newcastles crazily high defensive line, combined with little pressure on the Manchester City man with the ball. This meant City had a fairly simple approach of hitting balls over the defence for the forward three players to run onto. Both James Milner and Gareth Barry got free on the left hand side in this fashion, and it was amazing that Chris Hughton didnt tell his defence to drop deeper early on.

Shola Ameobis hold-up play was disappointing, although he probably should have had a penalty when he was tripped by Lescott in the corner of the box.

One suspects that Newcastle’s approach of playing a high defensive line was the exact opposite to the optimum strategy against City – they rely on Tevez dropping deep and other players exploiting space in behind, so denying them that space seems to make more sense. Certainly, when Newcastle dropped deeper, City were less of a threat.

What utter shite.

You would have thought, instead of wasting millions on the likes of Santa Cruz (18m) and Adebayor (25m ish) who can't get in the team. They would have splashed as much money as it would take to get a real world-class manager in. Instead they've got, in my opinion, an average manager, playing boring negative football.

They would have splashed as much money as it would take to get a real world-class manager in. Instead they've got, in my opinion, a average manager, playing boring negative football.

I'm not suprised Tevez went spastic at Mancini like. Play 3 workhorse midfielders (arguably 4 as Milner isn't the most creative) at home to a newly promoted team when you're aiming for the top 4 is criminal. It's bad enough when we do it at home.

I've always quite liked Cashley tbh.

Massive prick of course and yeah he cheated on the Geordie Diana, but he's an absolutely brilliant player. Best left back in the World by quite some distance.

Couldn't really give a shit about what he does off the field, although he doesn't help his cause, but he is probably the snidest cunt going (alongside Gerrard on it). That whole thing with Riley a couple of years back sums him up.

Brilliant player though.

Chelsea gained class? Man City have all the c***s of the game?

I meant their fans more than the players. When we beat them in the Carling Cup most of them were very gracious in defeat.

Not only the diving...

http://img.metro.co.uk/i/pix/2009/05/drogbaoutburstRUC_450x250.jpg

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00432/drogba1_432181a.jpg

despite all that i still like him :smitten:

Who's the Drogba better than Shearer merchant, Ronaldo? :lol:

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

Statement released by Newcastle United that they have now written to the FA regarding the tackle on Ben Arfa and wanting action, also talking about refereeing decisions during the game.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Statement released by Newcastle United that they have now written to the FA regarding the tackle on Ben Arfa and wanting action, also talking about refereeing decisions during the game.

Get in, Wendy, get them letters written!

I hate Chelsea and what they did but at least they bought some genuinely great players (and some of their best were already there). City have just spent silly money on mediocrity, often so that others couldn't have them. Joleon Lescott is like the third most expensive defender in history or something, it's pathetic.

Guest BooBoo

City fans are some of the most odious charvas around. They have that mackem esque chip on their shoulder that comes from having a more illustrious famous club constantly putting you in the shadow.

I pissed my pants at the amount of times, Man Utd popped in last minute winners v them last season.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Aye, he's nee Warren Barton like.

Wonder what teams thought of Newcastle back in the 90s spending the money we did (which was a canny amount for those times) to challenge for the league.

Aye, he's nee Warren Barton like.

Wonder what teams thought of Newcastle back in the 90s spending the money we did (which was a canny amount for those times) to challenge for the league.

they quite enjoyed it as we played good football and weren't bankrolled by a sugardaddy.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I'm not suggesting that SJH is a Sugardaddy, certainly not by modern standards, but for a club in the early 90s, through to late 90s, we were spending money other clubs couldn't.

£4m = World's most expensive Defender

£15m = British Transfer Record

Was just interested in knowing what other fans might have thought (probably wrong place to find out on a Newcastle forum!). Certainly we played exciting football, and you often hear that other fans claimed we were their 'second team'.

I'm not suggesting that SJH is a Sugardaddy, certainly not by modern standards, but for a club in the early 90s, through to late 90s, we were spending money other clubs couldn't.

£4m = World's most expensive Defender

£15m = British Transfer Record

Was just interested in knowing what other fans might have thought (probably wrong place to find out on a Newcastle forum!). Certainly we played exciting football, and you often hear that other fans claimed we were their 'second team'.

not couldn't but wouldn't, we got the loans etc to prove it.

Not only the diving...

http://img.metro.co.uk/i/pix/2009/05/drogbaoutburstRUC_450x250.jpg

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00432/drogba1_432181a.jpg

Are those really the best two examples you can come up with? One with him being pissed off that his team were cheated and another because he was hit with a coin (for doing his job).