De Jong

Yorkie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wonder what would have happened if it was Barton that broke, say, Milners leg like that. Bet he'd be suspended forever.

People would virtually go to war if Barton unleashed a tackle like that and broke someones leg.

We could go down to the park on Sunday morning and find half a dozen people who can do what he does, They would just need their fitness working on. Alas we could not find another Ben Arfa the same way.

It makes you want to weep.

Football would be a lot better off if players like De Jong, Cattermole and Henry were just banned for life and removed from the game.

There can be no place in modern day football for thugs whose role is to follow their managers instructions to go out and hurt key opposition players.

Funny is my brother who seriously hates us as he thinks we're a s*** club with s*** players, was so angry and gutted when he saw that tackle by de Jong. He couldn't believe his eyes that something like that wouldn't even give a freekick. Because honestly, it doesnt matter if you get the ball, he hit Ben Arfa first and tackled in a situation where no tackle was needed, Milner (i think) had him covered and all he needed to do was put pressure.

There was a tackle on Jonas later when de Jong went in with everything and luckily he didn't hit that tackle as well as on Ben Arfa, and two second later he jumped on Ameobi.

He's a fuckface and doesn't deserve to be seen on a football pitch, same goes for dirty players like Henry that lil'wolves fucker who does it week in week out!

Football would be a lot better off if players like De Jong, Cattermole and Henry were just banned for life and removed from the game.

There can be no place in modern day football for thugs whose role is to follow their managers instructions to go out and hurt key opposition players.

:clap:

Yup, they are told to take people out, its obvious at times.

Indeed the revenge we need to is fkn tear hem apart up here, the fans need to booooo constantly when they have the ball make such an intimidating game fort them.

I can imagine them not playing De Jong, I hope they do though he deserves the abuse he will get.

He showed no remorse at all, remember the state Guthrie was in after the tackle he made the lad was in a right state.

De Jong is an animal  a rabid one that should be put down.

I know you love being OTT but you can't even to begin to compare Guthrie and De Jong's tackles man.

He showed no remorse at all, remember the state Guthrie was in after the tackle he made the lad was in a right state.

De Jong is an animal  a rabid one that should be put down.

So should you, in fairness.

It's something I've never been keen on in sport, but after yesterday's incident I'm so sure that the tackle was pre-meditated on the instructions of the Man City dressing room, with no remorse having been shown and the match officials having failed in their duty totally, I'd be very tempted to pursue legal action for damages both on the player and the club's behalf.

Guest black n white

haha he's been dropped from the Dutch national team, because his tackle on HBA wasn't needed :D

he should be banned form the league as well, but this is a start

Guest rosstoon

Hopefully the PL will wake up and punsih him, It was a disgrace, high, 2 footed and scissor affect. If Brton had done it would have been a 3 match ban for sure.

Guest black n white

Hopefully the PL will wake up and punsih him, It was a disgrace, high, 2 footed and scissor affect. If Barton had done it would have been a 3 match ban for sure.

or more

Hopefully the PL will wake up and punsih him, It was a disgrace, high, 2 footed and scissor affect. If Barton had done it would have been a 3 match ban for sure.

or more

the ridiculous thing is, had he got booked for it they couldn't do anything else about it but because the ref "missed" it they can.

Guest black n white

or more

the ridiculous thing is, had he got booked for it they couldn't do anything else about it but because the ref "missed" it they can.

i know, but at least something can still be done about it, although knowing our luck nothing will

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

De Jong left out of Holland squad:

Following the challenge on Hatem Ben Arfa that left the Newcastle player with a broken leg on Sunday, Dutch coach Bert Van Marwik has pulled Manchester City midfielder Nigel De Jong out of his latest squad. 

Van Marwik said:

"I've seen it (the tackle) on TV. It was a wild and unnecessary challenge. I don't think he did it on purpose, but he goes in way too hard in this challenge.

"That's a pity, because he doesn't need tackles like this. The strange thing is that the referee doesn't give a card. Apparently there are other standards over there.

"I have a problem with the way Nigel unnecessarily searches for the limit. I'm going to talk about that with him.