De Jong

Yorkie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm pleased Van Marwik has done something, but it says something about English football when it takes De Jong's national team manager to be the first figure of authority to speak out when he sees some highlights on TV. 

All you get from the FA - the authorities that should be protecting players in this league - is silence.  Take racism out of football, and for god's sake don't talk back to the referee....but feel free to dive in with leg-breaking 'tackles'.  And then ex-pro windbags in the media with single digit IQs equivocate and smirk about it being a 'man's game'. 

A lack of action and tolerance for this sort of behavior has created an environment where thug players like De Jong and thug teams like Wolves are allowed to keep crossing the line of fair, sportsmanlike behavior.  This won't be the last time it happens this season.  And the league is going to eventually stop attracting skillful footballers like Ben Arfa.  Saudi billionaires might have the money for players like Messi, but would you risk your career to play in the Premiership if you knew the likes of Henry, Cattermole, De Jong etc. were aiming to snap your leg because they don't have the skill to play against you?

The problem in this country is that the FA have got no bollocks. They won't crack down on anything because that would mean cracking down on the so-called "big" clubs as well.

The FA won't do this because they are shit scared in case the bigger teams go off and form a "Euro League". Which will never happen as who can afford 14-18 away trips to Europe every season? It just won't work. But as long as the greedy owners of these clubs keep hinting at it the FA will always fall back in line.

Just look at Ferguson at Man Utd. The FA instruct ALL managers they have to speak with the media after games, Ferguson says no and Man Utd are allowed to pay his fine. It makes the FA look weak (which they are).

The FA is the other problem. A bunch of weak willed suits with no real knowledge of the game. And no direction, no plan. Just sit back at rake in the money from the "richest and best league in the world." Look at the BBC, their pundits criticize the England team, so the FA sells the broadcasting rights to ITV.

I know the BBC pundits aren't the best, but to be honest they're not allowed to criticize anyone from the England team to the "big clubs" for fear of retribution from either the FA or the "big clubs."

and for those who remember a not too dis-similar a scissor action to barton on alonso which many on here dont think was a sending off.

Nolan on Anichebe also

Good on him real Dutch courage ........but that rule because the ref saw it and did nothing in the game about so the FA won't act is a total disgrace.

Pathetic.. the ref needs banned fora  season to go learn the game, not just the leg break but the pens too.

De Jong should be banned for life his is a total nutter, not a hardman not a player but a thug nothing more.

Wait, what? Has the Dutch manager actually said it was for that challenge specifically? Smells like bollocks...he'd pick him after THAT world cup final performance but not after the HBA challenge? Hm...

heres what he said

“I’ve seen the pictures back,” “It was a wild and unnecessary offence. He went in much too hard.”"It is unfortunate, especially since he does not need to do it.”

“The funny thing is that the referee did not even show a yellow card for it. Apparently, there are other standards.”

“But I have a problem with the way Nigel needlessly looks to push the limit. I am going to speak to him.”

Good on him real Dutch courage ........but that rule because the ref saw it and did nothing in the game about so the FA won't act is a total disgrace.

Pathetic.. the ref needs banned fora  season to go learn the game, not just the leg break but the pens too.

De Jong should be banned for life his is a total nutter, not a hardman not a player but a thug nothing more.

Sniper rifle ftw.

and for those who remember a not too dis-similar a scissor action to barton on alonso which many on here dont think was a sending off.

Nolan on Anichebe also

that was way worse.

Wait, what? Has the Dutch manager actually said it was for that challenge specifically? Smells like bollocks...he'd pick him after THAT world cup final performance but not after the HBA challenge? Hm...

heres what he said

“I’ve seen the pictures back,” “It was a wild and unnecessary offence. He went in much too hard.”"It is unfortunate, especially since he does not need to do it.”

“The funny thing is that the referee did not even show a yellow card for it. Apparently, there are other standards.”

“But I have a problem with the way Nigel needlessly looks to push the limit. I am going to speak to him.”

Well fuck me but :clap: to that dude.

If the FA can't do anything to de Jong then surely Atkinson should be punished, dropped down the league or whatever. And not only for the tackle but also for the blatant penalty miss.

he shouldnt be allowed to ref a game again his performance was so bad

Guest DarkStormCrow

I would never support intentionally trying to hurt a player, that being said, every competition this guy plays in should be taking a close look at how he conducts himself on the field, I know it wont happen but one can hope.

I think he is a thug and what happened yesterday was intentional, fines and suspension should be given but realistically it wont happen.

The scissors tackle needs to be an automatic yellow, the Fa needs to really crack down on these kinds of tackles.

De Jong left out of Holland squad:

Following the challenge on Hatem Ben Arfa that left the Newcastle player with a broken leg on Sunday, Dutch coach Bert Van Marwik has pulled Manchester City midfielder Nigel De Jong out of his latest squad. 

Van Marwik said:

"I've seen it (the tackle) on TV. It was a wild and unnecessary challenge. I don't think he did it on purpose, but he goes in way too hard in this challenge.

"That's a pity, because he doesn't need tackles like this. The strange thing is that the referee doesn't give a card. Apparently there are other standards over there.

"I have a problem with the way Nigel unnecessarily searches for the limit. I'm going to talk about that with him.

:clap: ref was a useless cunt who is being defended by useless cunts. If De Jong gets away with it, which seems likely, it's absolutely shocking.