Newcastle United 2 - 2 Wigan Athletic - 16/10/10 - post match reaction from p21

Nate

Gonna need Routledge on for Guthrie at HT here - at least to give us some pace down the right. Not really Guthrie's fault as he'll be well short of match practice.

Gonna be a long season I reckon.

I'd put Guthrie in the middle and Tiote off for Routledge.

Wow we are s***, I thought we could survive with ease due to the relative crap at the bottom but obviously we overachieved in the games against Villa and Everton. We just can't compete at the moment and are soft at home.

The team is just soft, period. Really wish Hughton had stuck with 4-5-1. We are not good enough or strong enough defensively to play two strikers upfront, partiularly when Loven isn't exactly the sort to get involved in play at all.Well, everyone was moaning about wanting 4-4-2 ... voila.

Aye - because 4-5-1 was working at home? He had to change things - just a pity the players are letting him down.

Gonna need Routledge on for Guthrie at HT here - at least to give us some pace down the right. Not really Guthrie's fault as he'll be well short of match practice.

And give him the Cacapa treatment as well yeah?

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I said if we lose this I'm seriously worried.

I am worried.

im not,.   its  a long season.  we hope the manager would learn from this. 

it doesnt matter if we play away or home,  we must pack the midfield and get rid of perch or play a winger infront of him that actually tracks back.

We've been saying we hope the manager and players learn from this since Blackpool, and they haven't.

Guest Loven11

Nah, should leave Tiote on and take Guthrie off for Routledge.

No. Routledge on for Loven and Guthrie inside to join Tiote and Barton. Unless of course you want the team to concede even more goals, then yes, what you said.

Guest firetotheworks

Is Routledge on the bench then? Absolutely everything is through Jonas and Jose at the moment, we're an over-told joke at the moment. We need to freshen up the gameplan.