Wayne Rooney

SEMTEX

Another triumph for Fergie. According to the press, he was a shattered and broken man in that press conference a few days ago.

He's pissed all over them yet again.

doesnt change the fact his side is still crap compared to citys and chelseas, even arsenals now id rather have than man u's

Another triumph for Fergie. According to the press, he was a shattered and broken man in that press conference a few days ago.

He's pissed all over them yet again.

One of my Manure supporting mates reckoned it was all a ploy by Fergie to get more money out of the board, the threat of losing Rooney on the cheap or to their rivals was a greater bargaining chip than Fergie coming to the end of his career could ever have against the board.

Told him he was nuts and Rooney's off.  :lol:

They are still fucked financially three times worse than Liverpool and losing 80m a year, that's going to bite them soon regardless. Even sooner if Rooney doesn't regain his form and they don't get a fee for him while paying him the most in the Premier League for the next five years.

They are still fucked financially three times worse than Liverpool and losing 80m a year, that's going to bite them soon regardless. Even sooner if Rooney doesn't regain his form and they don't get a fee for him while paying him the most in the Premier League for the next five years.

Aside from Liverpool getting relegated, it would be the greatest premiership day ever seeing Man United self destruct!

According to Sky 'SAF has MADE Wayne Rooney see how big Man Utd is'

Or, they caved and offered him fuck loads of money

That was obviously going to come. Rooney hasn't made the board cave, Man Utd have made Rooney cave :rolleyes: 'Cause he hasn't got a massive payhike with a million clauses in this new contract :lol:

I think SAF will be breathing an absolutely massive sigh of relief. His language in the whole saga was strange. He had no problem kicking RvN, Beckham and others out but with Rooney, such phrases as "the door is always open", and generally fawning over him to stay was not in fitting with previous big-name departures. I think Ferguson realised Man Utd were (relatively) in the shitter if he went.

I think this is just going to become ANOTHER yearly saga. Like Fabregas to Barca, Gerrard to leave Liverpool, what seems to now be Torres to leave Liverpool etc. Just another boring as fuck saga that comes to nothing for a long while before anything of note actually comes about.

Many people at work seem to think Man Utd have done this to get him to play well til the end of the season, then move him on in the summer now his value is protected.

Don't buy it myself.

Nor do i. He's the most prized possession they've had since George Best.

He's got his extra wedge so he'll be there for a good while yet.

It's a sign of the times when even Man Utd and Alex Ferguson can be brought to their knees by a single player.

Roy Keane did the same thing 10 years ago.