West Ham United 1 - 2 Newcastle United - 23/10/10 - post match reaction from p20

Dave

Enrique didn't cover himself in glory on the goal. Literally did nothing to prevent Cole scoring.

I thought Krul could have at least tried diving before Cole even attempted the shot. You knew where the ball was going to go!

Terrible before we conceded

Brilliant between conceding and scoring

Alright after scoring

Carroll's thrown himself into everything so far which is good, typical Shola performance which is a bit frustrating. As expected, a CM on the wing isn't working and Simpson has looked shaky. Need a bit more pace in midfield. I'd be tempted to introduce Routledge soon.

Yeah, I'd go back to Plan A and bring Routledge on, Barton inside, Nolan forward and....... take Carroll off. Shola's that bit better at holding the ball up.

Simpson has done okay defensively, but doesn't look remotely confident going forward. Not much to choose between him and Perch I'm afraid.

I think we'll lose if we do that, Carroll has done so much more than Shola in the first half. Taking into account Nolan probably won't go off, for me it's a straight swap. Barton off, Routledge on.

Guest MrBrown

Enrique has been poor again, same as last week, which is a shame, because I really do like him as a player. Ameobi has been better than Carroll; but that says more about how lazy Carroll has looked rather than how well Ameobi has done.

TBF I think there's been more than enough decent crosses to work with, although that's probably purely down to the fact that we pumped ball after ball in. Jonas has stuck in a couple of decent balls with his left foot, as has Enrique. There has been some shite though obviously.

Guest MrBrown

Alright after scoring

Carroll's thrown himself into everything so far which is good, typical Shola performance which is a bit frustrating. As expected, a CM on the wing isn't working and Simpson has looked shaky. Need a bit more pace in midfield. I'd be tempted to introduce Routledge soon.

Yeah, I'd go back to Plan A and bring Routledge on, Barton inside, Nolan forward and....... take Carroll off. Shola's that bit better at holding the ball up.

Simpson has done okay defensively, but doesn't look remotely confident going forward. Not much to choose between him and Perch I'm afraid.

I think we'll lose if we do that, Carroll has done so much more than Shola in the first half. Taking into account Nolan probably won't go off, for me it's a straight swap. Barton off, Routledge on.

No.

Enrique has been poor again, same as last week, which is a shame, because I really do like him as a player. Ameobi has been better than Carroll; but that says more about how lazy Carroll has looked rather than how well Ameobi has done.

Carroll lazy? hes been chasing practically everything down up top and at the back!

Alright after scoring

Ironically, the cross for the goal came from Barton.

And Simpson looked far better than Perch would have.

Simpson is pretty much the same as perch, there's been no "big improvement"

He doesn't look as dangerous to make a huge mistake as Perch does, so I'll take it.

Alright after scoring

No.

:lol:

Are you mental?

Guest MrBrown

Alright after scoring

No.

Are you mental?

No.

Alright after scoring

No.

Are you mental?

He has to be kidding.