Ballon d'Or

QBG

Also Lucio should probably be in there.

Good point. Surely the best CB in the world this year?

Don't let Ronaldo see that.

Puyol for me, but Lucio runs him pretty close, as does Colo.

Take it easy son.

Shame Lucio is such a colossal twat.

Also Lucio should probably be in there.

Good point. Surely the best CB in the world this year?

Don't let Ronaldo see that.

Puyol for me, but Lucio runs him pretty close, as does Colo.

I just remember you really disliking Lucio.

Which is understandable I guess, he's a bit of a twat.

Gyan should not be singled out. The single most ridiculous inclusion in that list is Miroslav Klose. Looks at what he achieved last season. Nothing. Gyan, at least, played very well for Rennes last season.

Apart from becoming only second to Ronaldo in scoring goals in World Cup finals he didn't do much. If Gyan is in there for his World Cup achievements then so should Klose.

Not that I'm debating the ridiculous criteria for being selected like - it's a joke. 

Gyan should not be singled out. The single most ridiculous inclusion in that list is Miroslav Klose. Looks at what he achieved last season. Nothing. Gyan, at least, played very well for Rennes last season.

Apart from becoming only second to Ronaldo in scoring goals in World Cup finals he didn't do much. If Gyan is in there for his World Cup achievements then so should Klose.

Not that I'm debating the ridiculous criteria for being selected like - it's a joke. 

I think Baba is trying to point out that Gyan impressed at both club and international level, whereas Klose did not ...

I think Baba is trying to point out that Gyan impressed at both club and international level, whereas Klose did not ...

Club level? What was Gyan's record at Rennes last season?  ???

Got 13 or 14 in the league I think, compared to Klose's 3.

Thought he only got a couple over the course of the season. 08/09 was better for him iirc. :dontknow:

It's all fucking toss anyway. It's a ridiculous criteria based on catching the eye in important games. Neither Klose nor Gyan will be anywhere near the award but are merely rewarded for having a decent World Cup.

Messi should walk it as the most talented player on the planet but I won't hold my breath.

Thought he only got a couple over the course of the season. 08/09 was better for him iirc. :dontknow:

It's all fucking toss anyway. It's a ridiculous criteria based on catching the eye in important games. Neither Klose nor Gyan will be anywhere near the award but are merely rewarded for having a decent World Cup.

13 in the league last season, only 1 the season before: http://soccernet.espn.go.com/players/stats?id=42068&cc=5739

13 in the league last season, only 1 the season before: http://soccernet.espn.go.com/players/stats?id=42068&cc=5739

Got the 2 seasons mixed up. :thup: