Newcastle United 5 - 1 Sunderland - 31/10/10 - post match reaction from page 32

Dave

great picture that!

how hard can it be to mark kevin nolan? unmarked for all his goals. (much thanks to AC probably :) )

one of nolans biggest strengths is his movement in the box which is superb, he just has a knack for finding space and time for himself

A big fall from what? We're happy we battered them, doesn't mean everyone now thinks we're going to qualify for Europe.

If anything that's an example of them overrating their own team again, assuming because we beat the mighty Sunderland we're suddenly world-beaters. No.

Guest Roger Kint

They are fucking knacka's, everyone i spoken to since expects nothing less than a hiding on Sunday so God knows how we will have a big fall. We have won emphatic bragging rights for at least 10 weeks and most likely for longer, what else they expect us to say? I'd still have us finishing bottom half around the same place as them.

Mackem on the legends last night said he thinks us Toon fans are in for "a big fall". Well, supposing we don't get another point this season, that result is firmly planted in the history books and can't be taken away.

Because obviously now we've beaten the all mighty Sun'lun, we must be expecting to walk to the league title

I like it how they make up our view points, they say we think we have a chance of europe and stuff.  I know no-one who has said this.

Neither do i, nor I suspect does anyone else

They can't cope with the pasting we gave them and are now resorting to making up shite to try to make themselves feel better

TBF i hear some right mongs in and around me at the match talking about how "if we can beat sunderland 5-1 we could be talking about top 6" "We nearly beat man city so why cant we finish near them", Sky fodder if i ever heard it! I dunno wether to slap them or just pity them at times

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I like it how they make up our view points, they say we think we have a chance of europe and stuff.  I know no-one who has said this.

Plenty of knackers on RTG talking about Sunderland in Europe before the Newcastle game firmly slapped them in the face with a Reality Check.

TBF i hear some right mongs in and around me at the match talking about how "if we can beat sunderland 5-1 we could be talking about top 6" "We nearly beat man city so why cant we finish near them", Sky fodder if i ever heard it! I dunno wether to slap them or just pity them at times

The thing is we CAN, but we WON'T.

We've shown quality by beating Everton away, maturity and morale by winning a game we were losing 1-0 away, we've proven we can outclass opponents as long as we have a good day as we beat Aston Villa and Sunderland by a combined 11-1.

But we're not consistent enough or deep enough. After all theres a top 5. Then theres Villa, Everton and Liverpool (sorry but theyre mediocre this season). Then theres us, Sunderland, Blackburn, Fulham and so on.

While I don't think we'll ever finish top 6 or top 8 for that matter. 10th is not unrealistic.

Slap, always the slap

great picture that!

how hard can it be to mark kevin nolan? unmarked for all his goals. (much thanks to AC probably :) )

i loved his last goal because from where i was sitting it looked like their keeper pushed him straight into the path of the ball. :lol:

Slap, always the slap

Don't know if I should with them being in wheelchairs and that :/

Slap, always the slap

Don't know if I should with them being in wheelchairs and that :/

Surely that only makes it easier, they cant run away