Newcastle United 5 - 1 Sunderland - 31/10/10 - post match reaction from page 32

Dave

Have to love the fact that we beat them so bad the club, its best (only) player and manager have had to make a humiliating and grovelling apology.

FYP

Their formation is ensuring they're seeing plenty of the ball.

We're carrying Nolan in the middle too meaning they've got at least one extra man free all of the time. If they find the right through ball on the break we're gonna struggle here.

:mackems: :lol:

Jose struggling for pace today against Elmo

:kinnear: :dowie:

Seriously, what does Ameobi actually do in this system?

Link up well with AC and score goals?

Simpson needs to stop that.

He can't give them space and wait for Barton to track down and take that. Put pressure on the player and let Barton cover behind him. Will cost us a goal at some point in the season with a good cross coming in.

:nope:

thats not a pen for me but do i care?

I would book a trip to specsavers, clear penalty :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

I think what I love about it most is that in most other matches, we'd all be raving about how mint ALL of the back four were, how Jonas was a constant threat, and Tiote was a beast, but even with their quite frankly excellent performances, they've barely been mentioned because of how outstanding Barton, Nolan, Ameobi and Carroll were. Williamson was probably the player least in the spotlight, but if you watch it back, he was still almost flawless. Just f***ing excellent all-round from everyone. So proud of all of them.

We're carrying Nolan in the middle too meaning they've got at least one extra man free all of the time. If they find the right through ball on the break we're gonna struggle here.

He can't give them space and wait for Barton to track down and take that. Put pressure on the player and let Barton cover behind him. Will cost us a goal at some point in the season with a good cross coming in.

SO. MUCH. FAIL. in that post its actually unreal :lol:

I think what I love about it most is that in most other matches, we'd all e raving about how mint ALL of the back four were, how Jonas was a constant threat, and Tiote was a beast, but even with their quite frankly excellent performances, they've barely been mentioned because of how outstanding Barton, Nolan, Ameobi and Carroll were. Williamson was probably the player least in the spotlight, but if you watch it back, he was still almost flawless. Just fucking excellent all-round from everyone. So proud of all of them.

:thup: was very pleased for Williamson, particularly as his name seemed to be linked to the Arsenal result which I thought was somewhat unfair.

SO. MUCH. FAIL. in that post its actually unreal :lol:

and these are actually our own supporters :sadnod: I'd expect to see something similar on RTG

Sholas second was brilliant, probably the best of the five as it came at him with pace and could have gone anywhere.

I agree. It seemed to take an eternity to come back off the bar, but was just waiting to be hit. Don't think Shola could have connected better.

Ah hindsight, ain't it great.

That, or the ability not to propagate lazy stereotypes in an effort to appear to have a knowledgable viewpoint.

In fairness to Minhosa, after that howler, he did come up with some pretty accurate gems later on in the thread - which makes me think he's not an idiot who can't see what's actually happening on the pitch (so his Nolan post is even more mystifying).

actually agreed with this one. first time ive seen someone knock it past jose and him struggling to recover, happened twice in the early moments.

Was surprised they took that guy off for gyan but jose would have inevitably dominated him anyways even if he'd stayed on :)

actually agreed with this one. first time ive seen someone knock it past jose and him struggling to recover, happened twice in the early moments.

Was surprised they took that guy off for gyan but jose would have inevitably dominated him anyways even if he'd stayed on :)

Aye he was causing Jose some problems early doors. Stupid substitution. You're right though. throughout the game Jose would have had him. I think Jose was looking to get forward a lot so was leaving space.

heres a quick summary for anyone who didnt see the match.

;D

;D ;D ;D ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D

;D ;D

v

:weep:

:-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

:crazy2: