Newcastle United 5 - 1 Sunderland - 31/10/10 - post match reaction from page 32

Dave

i thought "elmo", as the mackems call him, was their best player before bruce took him off. leaving the embarrasingly bad welbeck on - madness.

Both me and the lass both said the same thing, he was giving Enrique the odd problem at times.  Was shocked when he was taken off.  Welbeck was poor, at one point in the first half he only had to square to Bent and he was 1 on 1 but instead went Hollywood and ended up looking a tool.

heres a quick summary for anyone who didnt see the match.

;D

;D ;D ;D ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D

;D ;D

v

:weep:

:-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

:crazy2:

:lol:

heres a quick summary for anyone who didnt see the match.

;D

;D ;D ;D ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D

;D ;D

v

:weep:

:-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

:crazy2:

Superb. :lol:

Elmo didn't take being subbed too well mind

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:6s_ffZX7Foi3wM:http://www.ghostdroppings.com/images/photodroppings/th_EvilLilElmo.jpg&t=1

Holy fucking fuck!

What a match to come over for :lol:

I cant tell you how lucky and privileged i feel to be able to watch a match like this, from L7, fucking unbelievable :smitten:

Was at The Strawberry at 0800 or something on Sunday morning, started to get really crowded, great to get a couple of pints before the match ;D

The atmosphere at the match was insane, best i have ever experienced, period!

So thanks to the near 52000 helping make this a day/night to never forget!

Congrats to the people of Newcastle, i know for me as a foreign, its a little easier to accept a draw/lose , as i don`t have to be around the unwashed all the time, but for you, haha, i guess this made the winter months a little better :snod:

:dance:

Holy f***ing f***!

I cant tell you how lucky and privileged i feel to be able to watch a match like this, from L7, f***ing unbelievable :smitten:

Was at The Strawberry at 0800 or something on Sunday morning, started to get really crowded, great to get a couple of pints before the match  ;D

So thanks to the near 52000 helping make this i day/night to never forget!

Congrats to the people of Newcastle, i know for me as a foreign, its a little easier to accept a draw/lose , as i don`t have to be around the unwashed all the time, but for you, haha, i guess this made the winter months a little better :snod:

You realize you have to move here and get a Season Ticket now right?

Holy f***ing f***!

I cant tell you how lucky and privileged i feel to be able to watch a match like this, from L7, f***ing unbelievable :smitten:

Was at The Strawberry at 0800 or something on Sunday morning, started to get really crowded, great to get a couple of pints before the match  ;D

I reckon there was a couplke scandinavian lads next to me. What block were you in?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Yeah. Next time you foreign guys come over make a bigger deal of it and meet up with us. Chances are you'll get one of us to buy you ONE drink.

Their formation is ensuring they're seeing plenty of the ball.

We're carrying Nolan in the middle too meaning they've got at least one extra man free all of the time. If they find the right through ball on the break we're gonna struggle here.

:mackems: :lol:

Jose struggling for pace today against Elmo

:kinnear: :dowie:

Seriously, what does Ameobi actually do in this system?

Link up well with AC and score goals?

Simpson needs to stop that.

He can't give them space and wait for Barton to track down and take that. Put pressure on the player and let Barton cover behind him. Will cost us a goal at some point in the season with a good cross coming in.

:nope:

thats not a pen for me but do i care?

I would book a trip to specsavers, clear penalty :lol:

SO. MUCH. FAIL. in that post its actually unreal :lol:

and these are actually our own supporters :sadnod: I'd expect to see something similar on RTG

To be fair I said this season, not this match.

Simpson does it too often, waits for Barton to track down rather than put pressure on the winger. This will cost us goals and point as he gives time for the winger to put in a decent cross.

Steggy, i am not sure where we did stand, our seats was packed when we came, so we did stand in L7E or D close to the stairs.

I had a black Volcom cap on if that helps ;)

Obi; Ay, indeed, next time we give a heads up, been fun to meet up with some of you guys and take a beer. We are planing a trip again in jan/feb :lol:

Holy fucking fuck!

I cant tell you how lucky and privileged i feel to be able to watch a match like this, from L7, fucking unbelievable :smitten:

Glad you enjoyed it! Was fucking brill like!

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Obi; Ay, indeed, next time we give a heads up, been fun to meet up with some of you guys and take a beer. We are planing a trip again in jan/feb  :lol:

Good to hear, man!

Ah hindsight, ain't it great.

That, or the ability not to propagate lazy stereotypes in an effort to appear to have a knowledgable viewpoint.

In fairness to Minhosa, after that howler, he did come up with some pretty accurate gems later on in the thread - which makes me think he's not an idiot who can't see what's actually happening on the pitch (so his Nolan post is even more mystifying).

I can see that with hindsight the post looks ridiculous, especially when taken out of context with my post made a few minutes later, but my concern at the time was that the match was being played at such a high tempo if they continued to win more possession in the middle with their extra man etc we could get stung.

You've got to remember Stu that each post made in a match thread is literally people calling it how they see it live and with no time for detail.

I can see it looks fucking stupid now but it made sense to me at the time  ;D

Came over for this one - my first ever Newcastle match. Words cannot descibe what is was like at SJP - I still have goosebumbs! Love the city, the fans and St. James' Park. What a fucking stadium. What an atmosphere.

During half time an old man, must have been at least 80, came up to me and said: "Is it Christmas yet?". Summed it up perfectly for me - the best christmas present any Newcastle fan could hope for.

Came back home last night and still have a smile on my face. Can't stop singing 'We hate Sunderland' and 'Cheer up Stevie Bruce'. Amazing.

Broke as fuck, but it was so worth it - I've already started planning my next trip over. Thank you Newcastle United, for the best fucking weekend of my life.  :clap2:

Came over for this one - my first ever Newcastle match. Words cannot descibe what is was like at SJP - I still have goosebumbs! Love the city, the fans and St. James' Park. What a f***ing stadium. What an atmosphere.

During half time an old man, must have been at least 80, came up to me and said: "Is it Christmas yet?". Summed it up perfectly for me - the best christmas present any Newcastle fan could hope for.

Came back home last night and still have a smile on my face. Can't stop singing 'We hate Sunderland' and 'Cheer up Stevie Bruce'. Amazing.

Broke as f***, but it was so worth it - I've already started planning my next trip over. Thank you Newcastle United, for the best f***ing weekend of my life.   :clap2:

:thup:

Great to hear mate :)

Came over for this one - my first ever Newcastle match. Words cannot descibe what is was like at SJP - I still have goosebumbs! Love the city, the fans and St. James' Park. What a f***ing stadium. What an atmosphere.

Broke as f***, but it was so worth it - I've already started planning my next trip over. Thank you Newcastle United, for the best f***ing weekend of my life.   :clap2:

Supporting Newcastle comes with a fair share of grief but glad that you could join us for one of the great occasions.

Hope you enjoy your next visit as much !

Came over for this one - my first ever Newcastle match. Words cannot descibe what is was like at SJP - I still have goosebumbs! Love the city, the fans and St. James' Park. What a fucking stadium. What an atmosphere.

Broke as fuck, but it was so worth it - I've already started planning my next trip over. Thank you Newcastle United, for the best fucking weekend of my life.   :clap2:

:thup: :thup: :thup: Glad you enjoyed it mate! :)