Freddy Shepherd denies rumours regarding potential takeover, club 'not for sale'

Nicky

In all fairness, when it comes to the media, I don't think it will be long and we will hear more good things about us than bad. Once they've tried their hand to destabilise everything, and realise it won't work, they'll give up and jump on board with 'fantastic Newcastle, overcome adversity, gained their self-respect back, we backed them all along bla bla bla'.

Glad this has been swiftly cleared up.

I doubt I'll ever forgive and forget Ashley's tenure but another attempted sale of the club and all the turmoil it brings is exactly what we don't need for the foreseeable future.

We don't need a sale of the club at the moment IMO... the speculation over it would be too damaging, and Ashley pulling out of transfers etc completely would undermine Hughton too much in the summer.

I would prefer if there just wasn't a murmur about ownership for 2-3 years, then we'll see how we are.

I would be ok with Ashley staying if he showed a bit more enthusiasm but he still gives the impression he wants out which means there is never likely to be any long term investment or planning for the club.

On the other hand, since going down you could argue we've been pretty stable and have made progress through stability and sensible spending.

I don't like Ashley but I really don't want another sale saga right now.

To be honest I can't complain about Ashley right now, apart from the much-gone-over Sports Direct signs. I'm not going to complain that he 'doesn't look like he wants to be there'. Don't see how we can truly gauge that. He stays in the background, isn't that what an owner/chairman should be doing?

He's done a lot of things that can't be brushed under the carpet, don't get me wrong. But right now, he's what's best for us. Upheaval and another new owner, no matter how good they may turn out to be, isn't best for the club right now.

Guest neesy111

Since when did neesy become the thread locking police? :lol:

We shouldn't be talking about shit news stories the day after we beat the scum 5-1.

We shouldn't be talking about s*** news stories the day after we beat the scum 5-1.

We can talk about whatever the hell we want. If you don't like it, don't come into the thread.

We shouldn't be talking about s*** news stories the day after we beat the scum 5-1.

We can talk about whatever the hell we want. If you don't like it, don't come into the thread.

:lol: what's with all the neesy hate? is neesy the new decky? I can see his point tbf, but still no need for a thread lock

I can just see people using it as an excuse for the next 4 months.

"We can't talk about that, we won 5-1"

"Why we discussing this? We won 5-1"

etc. etc. it's annoying me already :lol:

like ashley would want to do business with shepherd again?  ;D

yet more shit to try and take the shine off an excellent result and a good team performance from nufc, most likely

Reminds me of Mr Burns selling the power plant to the Germans, them discovering how fucked it is and selling it back on the cheap.

Bet NE5 thought nothing could surpass yesterday but this has just 24 hours later.

That miserable bastard was on skunkers last night spouting shite about how beating Sunderland was showing no ambition etc etc.

I really can't tell if you're joking. 

I'm not, he posts on there as Leazesmag and there have been a load of 20 and 30 page arguements with him recently going around and around in circles spouting the same old shit.

The bloke is genuinely mental, how do you go about getting someone sectioned just out of interest?