Freddy Shepherd denies rumours regarding potential takeover, club 'not for sale'

Nicky

Bet NE5 thought nothing could surpass yesterday but this has just 24 hours later.

That miserable bastard was on skunkers last night spouting shite about how beating Sunderland was showing no ambition etc etc.

I really can't tell if you're joking. 

I'm not, he posts on there as Leazesmag and there have been a load of 20 and 30 page arguements with him recently going around and around in circles spouting the same old shit.

Bet NE5 thought nothing could surpass yesterday but this has just 24 hours later.

That miserable b****** was on skunkers last night spouting s**** about how beating Sunderland was showing no ambition etc etc.

I really can't tell if you're joking. 

I'm not, he posts on there as Leazesmag and there have been a load of 20 and 30 page arguements with him recently going around and around in circles spouting the same old s***.

I'm an ambitious fan and would love to see us back in the Champions League, but hell if we'd just won the Champions League it couldn't have felt better than yesterday in town.

Parochial ? Maybe, but who the fuck cares. We just butchered the macums !

Just imagine if he could've seen you write that :lol:

This is what he wrote :

watched by 49,000 thousand geordies [which used to be the norm until Mike Ashley set about his "business plan" and stopped buying "trophy players] and 3,000 silent mackems

A good 3 points. Especially satisfying was watching the mackems signifying 2-1 when it was 2-0 to us.

These "we always win 2-1" silly comments are 11-12 years ago now.

How sad is that.

A good 3 points. Of course those with low expectations see games like this as Cup Finals.

We still need a sale of the club IMO as Ashley's heart isn't in it. Shepherd is the wrong buyer though. It's not a criticism of Shearer as a manager but the fact he would have walked into a job as soon as Shepherd took the reins tells you everything you need to know about Shepherd's judgement. We need an owner who can take off the regional specs and make decisions based on earned merit.

We still need a sale of the club IMO as Ashley's heart isn't in it. Shepherd is the wrong buyer though. It's not a criticism of Shearer as a manager but the fact he would have walked into a job as soon as Shepherd took the reins tells you everything you need to know about Shepherd's judgement. We need an owner who can take off the regional specs and make decisions based on earned merit.

He did look rather miserable yesterday the few times the camera caught him.

We don't need a sale of the club at the moment IMO... the speculation over it would be too damaging, and Ashley pulling out of transfers etc completely would undermine Hughton too much in the summer.

I would prefer if there just wasn't a murmur about ownership for 2-3 years, then we'll see how we are.

Aye, NE5's had a shocking couple of days like, must be sick as a parrot. Great win over Sunderland and now this. Feel sorry for the bloke.

And no, thread doesn't need locking. Not doing any harm at the minute.

Fat Freddie denies the rumours = Good

Having difficulty believing a word that fat bastard says = Bad

I hope its not true, we seem to be hitting a bit of stability, this kind of speculation is not good for us. I know we can't trust the media but it was nice on SSN this morning the chief sports editor from NOTW (forget his name now but I know him as Mr Cunt) was saying how much unity there was at our club compared to Man City and used Nolans 1st goal celebration as an illustration, normally there is so much negative shit about us it is good to hear good things.

If the people at the very top keep their heads and let it slide off their backs (as they claim to do and pride themselves on doing), then these stories appear to be nothing other than good for us if that performance yesterday is anything to go by.

It tends to be just absolute bollocks to fill column inches and the relentless hours of television coverage. Obviously a stopped watch is right twice a day and all that, but for the most part you just have to laugh at this rubbish. It's got to the point now where it's absolutely ridiculous.

Fair to play to Fred for clearing the air relatively quickly.

We don't need a sale of the club at the moment IMO... the speculation over it would be too damaging, and Ashley pulling out of transfers etc completely would undermine Hughton too much in the summer.

I would prefer if there just wasn't a murmur about ownership for 2-3 years, then we'll see how we are.

I would be ok with Ashley staying if he showed a bit more enthusiasm but he still gives the impression he wants out which means there is never likely to be any long term investment or planning for the club.