Current Team

JJ7

For me it's also the turnaround that makes it special. Quite a number of these players were involved in our darkest period but they've worked hard and redeemed themselves... not f***ed off when the going got tough.

Just shows that we often judge players and their ability too quickly, and vastly underestimate the effect of psychology, motivation and team spirit.

We need to protect that as we look to improve the squad too.

That's a big part of it. It's sticking two fingers up to the media and other clubs fans, who would have fucking loved it had we "done a leeds".

Guest rabit71

ginola and robert are possibly my favourite newcastle players

we dont have that in this team (HBA may provide it, but we wont find out til next year)

think my growing affection for "this group of lads", owes a lot to the fact that everyone seems to be against us. instead of being the entertainers and everybodies second favourite team, the media want everyone to hate us and take every opportunity to find anything even slightly wrong

You can just tell the players enjoy being here. And it's lovely to see for a change.

For me though i think Keegan's side had fantastic spirit, and some of the stories you hear are truly hilarious. But even a blind man could see how much 'this group of lads' get on. And if we stay up this season, and if we can drive on with the sort of spirit that we've seen after only 10 games and with CH in charge, i'd be very happy for NUFC'S future in the next 2-3 years :thup:

Exciting times at the moment.

I believe if we finish 10th or above we could become a great side next season.

Colo, Jose, Tiote, Barton, Ben Arfa and Carroll are all players capable of playing for a top 6 clubs, they all have many good years ahead of them. If we would spend 20-30m next summer on quality such as Tiote and Ben Arfa we could do some damage in the near future.

Colo, Jose, Tiote, Barton, Ben Arfa and Carroll are all players capable of playing for a top 6 clubs, they all have many good years ahead of them. If we would spend 20-30m next summer on quality such as Tiote and Ben Arfa we could do some damage in the near future.

Remains to be seen. At the moment the only one of "top 6 quality" is Enrique IMO.

We wouldnt need anything near that too add to this squad i reckon, We just need to be frugal and find more buys like tiote and not be held to ransom like we used to for past it players.

Remains to be seen. At the moment the only one of "top 6 quality" is Enrique IMO.

Yeah, not quite top 6. Good enough for those teams who are just under the top 6 possibly though.

Ben Arfa definitely has the pedigree. I know you consider Everton a top six club, and he could walk into that team.

We still don't have a clue how he'd actually perform in this league though. (Yes, yes, I know...)

If we're talking quite abstractly then yeah, he'd get into the Everton team. I think.

Our first Premiership season,aside from Pedro,we had no household names,but the football we played that season was astounding.

Bobby Lee,Andy Cole,Steve Howey and Lee Clarke all became Internationals from that side,and all had great seasons.Loved Scotty Sellars too.

Did Lee Clark play much in that side or become an international ?

I never remember Clark being a top player for us.

Under what circumstances would the club sell one of our players? I can't imagine the effect selling one of our first team players would have on the group.  I really don't want any of our first-teamers sold but there's going to have to be a time...

I said a while back that I think this is the most likeable group of players we've had since I can remember, and that was before we brought in Tiote and Ben Arfa who have made things even better. The team spirit and togetherness is fantastic and I love that they all seem proud to play for Newcastle United, despite us not being one of the league's top teams any more.

Scene's like the goal line pile-on after Nolan's first goal on Sunday just make me love them more.

• 1 month later...

I said a while back that I think this is the most likeable group of players we've had since I can remember, and that was before we brought in Tiote and Ben Arfa who have made things even better. The team spirit and togetherness is fantastic and I love that they all seem proud to play for Newcastle United, despite us not being one of the league's top teams any more.

Scene's like the goal line pile-on after Nolan's first goal on Sunday just make me love them more.

barton,carroll and nolan likeable ? i'd hate to see your mates.