Newcastle United vs Blackburn Rovers 19:45 10/11/10 Pre-Match thread

joeyt

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Shola gets injured just after getting good form going...Now, where have I heard tht before?

I think Hughton rates Ranger higher than Loven, so it will be Ranger starting if Shola is out.

Shola gets injured just after getting good form going...Now, where have I heard tht before?

I think Hughton rates Ranger higher than Loven, so it will be Ranger starting if Shola is out.

Yep, and rightly so. No-brainer for me.

Yep, and rightly so. No-brainer for me.

Agreed.

If Shola is out I'd be tempted to hoy Routledge in. Both Givet and Salgado lack pace in a big way and are susceptible down the flanks. Get at them and get balls into the middle for Carroll and Nolan.

Sorry folks, but what I have seen of ranger is more dangerous to us than is of benefit to us...

He puts too many stray passes away when we start attacking and this is the most dangerous phase to be caught in, he is quite decent going forward but seems lazy to pressure and to cover back.

I would rather have Nolan up front than Ranger.

P.S. Totally unimpressed by his gangsta style (personal opinion and nowt to do with football).

I generally have a bad feeling about the game, there's nothing like sitting in the freezing cold for a midweek game and getting beat to bring you crashing back down to earth after a few good results. Hope I'm wrong.

I generally have a bad feeling about the game, there's nothing like sitting in the freezing cold for a midweek game and getting beat to bring you crashing back down to earth after a few good results. Hope I'm wrong.

I hear ya.. has Sam's revenge written alover it.

I hear ya.. has Sam's revenge written alover it.

Fuck that saggy faced cunt man. Saying that we need Shola to be fit, Samba vs Carroll could go either way.

Looking forward to seeing how Hughton and this team fare tomorrow.  We seem to have players, tactics and a formation which is adaptable to playing against a shit (or at least shit scared) team at home without falling into the trap of not having the urgency to go in for the kill, and to go to a difficult ground against a flair side and behave in a calm, organised manner, not panic and take our chance when it comes.  Tomorrow is basically Sunday on a smaller scale with the tables turned.  We're the team that's going to be expected to push forward and attack and Blackburn are going to be the 'well organised' and defensive minded away team who are going to try and stop us playing and wait for their chance to come if we don't make the most of our posession.

What I like about this idea of Shola dopping back is that it allows us to change shape and tactics depending on how the game is going, without having to make a sub and maybe not being able to change back adequately enough if the game changes.  As we saw on Sunday, we can even do it instantly within the normal ebb and flow of the game. We seem to be able to go from robot to truck and back again like optimus prime with just a quick "KUCKERCHOWAWAHWAH"

On the back of this recent form weve got to go with the same team and go for 4-6pts from the next 2 matches. We want as many points as possible as quickly as possible while we are playing well.

IF we make changes, it should be a maximum of 3.