Newcastle United vs Blackburn Rovers 19:45 10/11/10 Pre-Match thread

joeyt

Smashing. Three points and a late Tiote yellow card please.

Why?

Cos he's sure to get booked sooner or later and he's on 4, I'd rather lose him for Fulham at home than Bolton away or Chelsea where we will really need him.

Guest palnese

Why?

Cos he's sure to get booked sooner or later and he's on 4, I'd rather lose him for Fulham at home than Bolton away or Chelsea where we will really need him.

fair enough.

Why?

This is a good reason why I would have liked to see us still be in the LC. If you time your suspensions right, you get to sit out these meaningless games, like perch did.

Guest sicko2ndbest

It cant be over estimated the effect an unchanged side is having on the team

Psychologically when players are playing well in a form team those little niggles dont affect the players as much. They are mentally sharper which means they are quicker in their decision making, which results in them being less likely to get caught by late challenges

Coupled with the likes of Taylor, Campbell, Smith, Routledge and Loven waiting to get a sniff, the longer this stays the case, the further away from danger we will go

Robinson; Salgado, Nelsen, Samba, Givet; Emerton, Chimbonda, Hoilett, Jones, Pedersen; Kalinic.

4-5-1 with Chimbonda holding?

Dear me, thats defensive as fuck, 6 defenders at least. Eugh. Need to score early doors.

From the bbc:

1902: NEWCASTLE TEAM NEWS SNAP

Shola Ameobi shakes off an injury scare to start in an unchanged Magpies XI at home to Blackburn.

What's that about?

Well there was a scare about an injury he had, but he managed to shake it off.