Newcastle United 1 - 2 Blackburn - 10/11/10 - post match reaction from page 29

Dave

Should have at least held onto the draw. Ridiculous second goal for Blackburn. What a big fanny Williamson was on that goal. Horrendous. Actually stays down after the collision and lets Roberts just waltz in.

i think he was trying to fool the refeere that he was fouled or something. :lol:

Sam definitely stretched our midfield tonight and it's something to be wary of. Barton tends to tuck in and Nolan tends to be very slow getting back, and Blackburn exploited this. Was a big reason why Tiote didn't look too hot tonight.

How come we defend well against the likes of Arsenal & Everton and then proceed to give lesser opposition gifts. ???

Probably just more focused and been working tactically all week in training. Coming in against these times there's probably not as much of a set plan on defense. Seems like it at least, everyone just looks a bit confused.

Its a very hard decision to make when the side is winning games but when those games are coming thick and fast, do you keep the same side or mix it up? I can understand Hughton sticking with the side who won at Arsenal, but it sounded a flat energyless display. I think we might see one or two changes for Fulham. Obviously Tiote now misses out and it remains to be seen if the FA will take action against Barton. Plus it sounds as if Shola is injured again.

Problem is, who comes in? Routledge and Guthrie have shown little in their showings so far and I'm not convinced Ranger is ready for this level at all.

All in all, a pretty shitty night.

Guest ItalianMagpie

At home with Stoke, Blackpool, Blackburn, Wigan: 1 (ONE) point, grabbed in injury time. WTF?!?!?

What's the point of winning at Emirates and then losing at home with these sh***y teams?  :tickedoff:

Blackpool

Stoke

Wigan

Blackburn

FFS

If we had won three of these, we'd be on 26 points and second in the league.

I love this club.

If we'd won those we wouldn't have won away. You know it's true.

When we play teams who actually try to attack us we deal with it well and exploit the space that's created by their attacking play.  When we come up against teams who pack the defence and midfield and sit 10 men behind the ball we really struggle to break them down.  It's why we needed a player like Ben Arfa this season, someone who could create something out of nothing.

If we'd scored first tonight, forcing Blackburn to come and attack us it would have created the space that we need to play football.  Them scoring first just allowed that fat cunt to let his side sit back and hit us on the break.

Until we can find another player like Ben Arfa we're always going to struggle against teams like Blackburn and Stoke.

Oh well we all know were not going to finish top half from the start of the season and results like this back that up.  It's nice to be 6th still but it would have been real nice to win tonight.  I'd almost rather lose like we did than win in the way Blackburn did - that's me being sour, I know I wouldn't mind the points really.  Really dispise the awful system Blackburn use.  6 defenders was it? bullied their second goal in after a cock up for the first.  At 1 - 1 I felt we had it in us to do better, but it just never came.  Nolan really does offer nothing if he isn't scoring goals, we needed something from him tonight too.  Fucking fat cunt Sam will be loving this.  Ranger needs games in a lower division, just seems far too unlikely to offer anything up front when we need it most.  Not his fault, he's just not experienced enough yet.

Carroll again scoring though, decent stuff.

the worrying thing is that we are dropping points at home to teams we must pick up points against

And winning games we dont expect to...blackburn was always going tp be tricky,we had the lions share of possesion etc

If it wasnt for a couple of sloppy mistakes we looked ok.