The Garry Barry appreciation thread

The Prophet

Guest Heneage

Never understood the point of him for England, I guess it's just one of those things 'you pick Gareth Barry'. He's not good enough for even the bench as he offers nothing to the team. When compared with the squad's for the top 10-15 countries in the world, he'd not make it any of them.

Never understood the point of him for England, I guess it's just one of those things 'you pick Gareth Barry'. I don't think he'd get into any squad of world's  top 10 international sides.

There was a period when it looked like he was going to solve the Gerrard/Lampard conundrum by becoming the sitting player, wasn't there? Been living off that since.

Never understood the point of him for England, I guess it's just one of those things 'you pick Gareth Barry'. He's not good enough for even the bench as he offers nothing to the team. When compared with the squad's for the top 10-15 countries in the world, he'd not make it any of them.

Or the top 20. Maybe even the top 30.

I can't stand watching him play. He's become the most pedestrian footballer I've ever seen.

Never understood the point of him for England, I guess it's just one of those things 'you pick Gareth Barry'. I don't think he'd get into any squad of world's  top 10 international sides.

There was a period when it looked like he was going to solve the Gerrard/Lampard conundrum by becoming the sitting player, wasn't there? Been living off that since.

Aye pretty much. Hopefully Wilshere/whoever will see the back of him. Long live him holding City back though.

Guest Heneage

The problem being, he took the role too literally. He just sat in the middle, he has none of the attributes you'd want for a holding midfielder.