On this day...

Tooj

It’s Shearer isn’t it? I think someone made a compilation of it years ago, it obviously gets picked up by the microphones

I thought I read that too but it happens when his penalty just hits the net so surely that can’t have been him as he hadn’t even finished his strike  :lol:

That game at Arsenal is one of my best memories as a Newcastle fan.

So make likeable (loveable) things about that team. Just seeing Bobby with his knowing little smile there makes me upset. Thank God he's not around now to see the absolutely mess our club is in.

It’s Shearer isn’t it? I think someone made a compilation of it years ago, it obviously gets picked up by the microphones

I thought I read that too but it happens when his penalty just hits the net so surely that can’t have been him as he hadn’t even finished his strike  :lol:

Aye it is Shearer, hear it on a load of goals while he was around. Fuckin love it :lol:

I've never seen a compilation but I would love to.

• 2 weeks later...

Loved that game. Came home to watch it having just bought that black shirt earlier in the day. Remember being really pessimistic cos we never won at Southampton.

Then bloody Liverpool away in the next round. :rolleyes:

Guest neesy111

Was then when Dyer played just off Shearer with Bellamy out?

One of Bobby’s mistakes was letting Solano go a few weeks later too. Probably cost us top 4.

Or letting Lua lua score against us after letting him out on loan.

Guest neesy111

Loved that game. Came home to watch it having just bought that black shirt earlier in the day. Remember being really pessimistic cos we never won at Southampton.

We had a shocking xmas period that season and shepherd publicly criticised the players in public (rightly so).

Guest Howaythetoon

We had a shocking xmas period that season and shepherd publicly criticised the players in public (rightly so).

Rolls Royce wages wasn’t it?

Guest neesy111

Yes it was.

Guest Howaythetoon

Yes it was.

Thoughts so.

Dyer was getting a lot of stick at the time and I think this was the start of FS undermining Bobby period that just basically continued until his sacking.