On this day...

Tooj

Last game at SJP with fans in was a year ago today. Well, on the 29th February. Not surprised no one remembers it like, was absolutely dreadful. :lol:

:lol:

The last three matches with fans at SJP;

0-0

0-0

0-0

Against;

Oxford

Norwich

Burnley

Remember Cris looking like the worst CB I’ve ever seen that game, then rocked up at Lyon to partner Cacapa and they won leagues for fun.

Can't remember what he was called but I remember they had some young lad playing in the game away where Shola and Lua Lua ripped them a new one. He had an absolute nightmare.

BBCs report:

Thomas Kleine and the hapless Cris were the main culprits for Bayer, failing to contain the explosive threat of Ameobi and LuaLua.

Indeed, it was Cris who allowed LuaLua to skip free on the right side of the penalty area and whip in the inviting cross for Ameobi to head home Newcastle's opener.

BBCs report:

Thomas Kleine and the hapless Cris were the main culprits for Bayer, failing to contain the explosive threat of Ameobi and LuaLua.

Indeed, it was Cris who allowed LuaLua to skip free on the right side of the penalty area and whip in the inviting cross for Ameobi to head home Newcastle's opener.

Aye it must have been him.

Remember Cris being absolutely shit like. Oliver Neuville taking one of the worst pens I can remember at SJP too. Barely made the goal.

The famous Bergkamp goal 19 years ago today.

This was 2nd (us) v 3rd. Both of us with a game in hand on first placed ManU - a win would have taken us top.

Table before game: https://www.premierleague.com/matchweek/383/table

Funny when a goal against you becomes so famous - since didn't enjoy it in the slightest at the time, was gutted. My season ticket was 4th row on that 6 yard line in Milburn as well so couldn't have had a better view.

17 years since the Norwegian invasion in the Waffa.

From the .com match report:

"Attendance: 38,531 fans including around 3,000 from Norway

Banner of the night from the invasion of away fans: "793 Lindisfarne 2004 Newcastle"

Song of the night from the well oiled visitors "are you milking it or shaking it Alan Shearer?" - a reference to a satirical pre-match interview by two Norwegian smart alecs who asked our number nine about various things including his post-toilet habits......"

Lot of personal affection for that night as it was only my second time at SJP and my first win. My dad and I somehow ended up among all the away fans when exiting the ground and it felt like only a couple of wrong steps would have ended us up on a boat to Tromso.

BBCs report:

17 years since the Norwegian invasion in the Waffa.

From the .com match report:

"Attendance: 38,531 fans including around 3,000 from Norway

Banner of the night from the invasion of away fans: "793 Lindisfarne 2004 Newcastle"

Song of the night from the well oiled visitors "are you milking it or shaking it Alan Shearer?" - a reference to a satirical pre-match interview by two Norwegian smart alecs who asked our number nine about various things including his post-toilet habits......"

Lot of personal affection for that night as it was only my second time at SJP and my first win. My dad and I somehow ended up among all the away fans when exiting the ground and it felt like only a couple of wrong steps would have ended us up on a boat to Tromso.

One of the best games I’ve been to. Their fans were amazing and that banner’s the best I’ve seen at SJP (sorry Wor Flags :lol:)

On a less bright note, as the Bruce era has been AIDS, the West Brom away cup win is already a year ago today. Time's flying, or being wasted. I had to watch the first half in a lecture, as my Tuesday lectures last year finished at 9pm (fucking draining). When ASM hit the post with a thundercunt from 30 yards thankfully the lecturer didn't hear me shout "fucking hell!" from the back of the room.

Ah Martin Brittain, another fine youth product who vanished almost immediately.

Got a nasty injury playing for Gateshead where the match had to be abandoned, not sure how his career went after that.

Also has the honour of being the first player born after me to ever play for Newcastle.

On a less bright note, as the Bruce era has been AIDS, the West Brom away cup win is already a year ago today. Time's flying, or being wasted. I had to watch the first half in a lecture, as my Tuesday lectures last year finished at 9pm (fucking draining). When ASM hit the post with a thundercunt from 30 yards thankfully the lecturer didn't hear me shout "fucking hell!" from the back of the room.

That first half is one of about three particularly memorable halves in the Bruce era, would you say? That one, then the two halves at Bournemouth? Has there been any others that would threaten to jolt the likes of me out of my hateful stupor? I know we've won games on the odd occasion, but I'm talking about really capturing the imagination. Maybe throw in the stoppage time at Everton, if you enjoy a bit of Jordan Pickford giving NUFC totally undeserved points out of nowhere.

So three halves and a stoppage time, what a ride. Richard Keys is right.

BBCs report:

I don’t particularly remember this game at all, but how shit must someone be to be ripped apart by Ameobi and Lua Lua? :lol:

That first half is one of about three particularly memorable halves in the Bruce era, would you say? That one, then the two halves at Bournemouth? Has there been any others that would threaten to jolt the likes of me out of my hateful stupor? I know we've won games on the odd occasion, but I'm talking about really capturing the imagination. Maybe throw in the stoppage time at Everton, if you enjoy a bit of Jordan Pickford giving NUFC totally undeserved points out of nowhere.

So three halves and a stoppage time, what a ride. Richard Keys is right.

Games I've enjoyed under Bruce.

West Ham (a) Nov 2019. Contrived to throw it away but we should've been 5 or 6 up at HT.

West Brom (a) Mar 2020. Miggy finally played in his best position and it finally looked like we were putting lower league opposition in the cup to the sword. Still contrived to throw it away.

Bournemouth (a) July 2020. Probably our best performance under Bruce.

West Ham (a) Sept 2020. They came close a few times but given how West Ham are doing this season its looking like one of our best wins.

Burnley (h) Oct 2020. Probably the only home game where we looked in control for the majority of it.

Everton (a) Jan 2020. Best we've played for the whole 90 minutes.

6 games after 1 season and two thirds. How grim.

Ah Martin Brittain, another fine youth product who vanished almost immediately.

Got a nasty injury playing for Gateshead where the match had to be abandoned, not sure how his career went after that.

Also has the honour of being the first player born after me to ever play for Newcastle.

Big day when that happens :lol:. Well actually don't remember for sure first player born after me to play, but do remember when first player younger than me to score happened - Nile Ranger. (He might be first to play too).

[Wiki has little record of Brittain after Gateshead. Says went to a couple of clubs and didn't play (Blyth) and now at Ashington with unknown record]