On this day...

Tooj

Sir Les’ birthday!

Weird seeing away fans in the old Gallowgate corner. I can remember them being there briefly but can't remember any arriving/leaving. Struggling to imagine the logistics of getting them in and out when I think about it. If that makes any sense ☺

This had me thinking how I much I even miss pre-Ashely mediocrity. We were shite this season - but loved away days like this, it felt different, and there was always the hope we could get everything to click and go back up table.

Also how good is away goal like that Martins second - under the kosh holding onto a lead at the end, go up the other end and settle things.

edit:

Just spotted John Alder in the celebrations at the end :'(

It's funny, we were obviously crap under Souness mostly, and I remember things feeling really miserable - but the first half of this season before his sacking had some really fun away days where Shearer and Owen combined - this, Blackburn, West Brom. Whereas the season we came 5th two years before, we only won two away all seaosn.

Owen was great at that little run and timing his headers.

The was the night of the last ever The Pink too, and Coldplay playing at the Arena sticking in the line, ‘Michael Owen scores a hat-trick’ into the song Politik.

Yes, I remember that! Something about how Liverpool fans would be gutted not having him too. Wasn't the gig the next night? As I went to the game and the gig.

Think this game was his last goal for us for a couple of seasons.

Owen was great at that little run and timing his headers.

The was the night of the last ever The Pink too, and Coldplay playing at the Arena sticking in the line, ‘Michael Owen scores a hat-trick’ into the song Politik.

Yes, I remember that! Something about how Liverpool fans would be gutted not having him too. Wasn't the gig the next night? As I went to the game and the gig.

Think this game was his last goal for us for a couple of seasons.

Think you’re right!

(a) Love that shirt, its pretty close to the 95 one for me

(b) How soft were those 2 red card?

© How didn't Campbell see red when giving away the penalty?

I'd had my eye socket fractured playing football at Uni that day, a little groggy watching it but then pulled a cracking little Irish bird the same night so overall a very good day

That game at Arsenal is one of my best memories as a Newcastle fan.

Yeap, that week was immense.

I remember a massive fat bloke screaming at me and my brother "WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE!" in the Leazes concourse as we left the Middlesbrough match on Boxing Day. Great times. We had 39 points at the halfway point of the season, man. That's outrageous. :lol: