Newcastle United v Chelsea - MATCH IS ON

Guest Tall Striker

We really need to get Prince Kaizero Fortinbras of Norway into the UK gritter ring.

More like you English need to man up and get on with it. It's not natural for your country to come to a complete stop with just a tiny bit of snow. If it was a lot of snow, sure, you're not used to it. But for things to go mental from the amount I've seen you have at the moment is just silly even if I'm a Norwegian and used to snow or not.

We can't all just burn churches when we're cold.

Guest dotdotuk

Leaving aside the arguments as to whether Scandinavia handles the snow better than the UK that has snow on the ground for about 10 days a year!

5Live say the club have told them the game goes ahead - unless there is a significant further snow fall.

Northumbria Police are advising people not to travel unless it is critical  http://www.northumbria.police.uk/details.asp?id=34072

www.nexus.org.uk

Metro is suspended between Pelaw and South Shields all day Saturday and Sunday for planned modernisation work. There is a LIMITED REPLACEMENT BUS SERVICE operating to all stations.

Buses are running this morning but using main roads only in many cases and will not be to timetable. Leave extra time for your journey, dress appropriately and be ready to walk to a main road to catch your bus.

Bus companies are assessing routes as they go in Tyne and Wear, after last night's withdrawal of service. Updates will follow.

So how bad does it have to be.  I live on the metro line so I can get to the ground.  My mate who sits next to me at SJP  lives in Washington so has to get a bus half the way each journey.  Can he get in?  What about people in Morpeth, Hexham, Durham?  What about even those in Throckley?

What about the Chelsea fans.  If we had no snow here and no snow in London but there was snow covering Peterborough to Leeds then is that  grounds for calling the game off in order to ensure the away fans safety?

You cannot ignore fans ability and safety in getting to the ground.  If the game goes ahead we will probably have 30,000 there at the start and 20,000 at HT.

Let's just play it some other time.

Guest dotdotuk

Rather play them today than when Lampard, essien and terry return thanks. More chance in crap conditions I would say also

I would rather play them under those circumstances but there are more important considerations!

Guest Geordiesned

From that Colin Warris knob on Twitter:

Game will be called off on Police advice, expect announcement at 10am.....common sense had to prevail #nufc #cfc

It better fucking not be!

Guest dotdotuk

No, there aren't.

You don't believe the tired old Shankly aphorism that it is more important then life and death?  It is just a game.  It may be very important to us that the Toon do well but it is just a game.  And guess what we dont lose any points for not playing it!  :-) 

Well I'm on the train now so the kids are having a day trip no matter what. Come on sky, pull your corporate finger out!

NUFC via 5Live: Match goes ahead unless "significant snowfall" between now and kick-off

:thup:

Guest The_Optimistic

Im doubtful to be honest, I drove through the city centre this morning taking the wife to work, the roads and walkways were pretty bad.