Not worthy of a thread - 2018 FIFA World Cup edition

OzzieMandias
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

still beyond me why the european federations would stand for it, FIFA are fuck all but a set of corrupt shitehawks - seems a perfectly good opportunity to break away and leave them for dead to me

Platini (UEFA) want's to be the next FIFA bozo so no chance of that plus they need to focus on ruining the Euros.

still beyond me why the european federations would stand for it, FIFA are fuck all but a set of corrupt shitehawks - seems a perfectly good opportunity to break away and leave them for dead to me

Platini (UEFA) want's to be the next FIFA bozo so no chance of that plus they need to focus on ruining the Euros.

don't mean UEFA i mean the individuals FA's of say england, germany, spain, france and so on to turn round and just say "aye well we're not doing that so you'd better think again"

money is power, european leagues have the money...if they were facing a WC without the major european nations i'm sure this could all be resolved fairly sharpish to everyone's satisfaction...it's not like anyone actually wants this...what have they got to lose FFS?  UEFA to pull the plug on them?  not a fucking chance

Was in Qatar last week to see Real Madrid vs Paris St. German, was impressed by the work they've been doing so far, they are on the right track, the weather will definitely be an issue if played in the summer.

So they shouldn't have been awarded it.

don't mean UEFA i mean the individuals FA's of say england, germany, spain, france and so on to turn round and just say "aye well we're not doing that so you'd better think again"

money is power, european leagues have the money...if they were facing a WC without the major european nations i'm sure this could all be resolved fairly sharpish to everyone's satisfaction...it's not like anyone actually wants this...what have they got to lose FFS?  UEFA to pull the plug on them?  not a fucking chance

Be the end of international football.

Be the end of international football.

nonsense

So how many seasons of domestic and European competition will this bugger up?

Certainly the season of the tournament and the seasons either side of it, but qualification for the world cup and potentially the 2024 Euros will be impacted.

Its an absolute joke changing the timing after the award of the competition - they should have submitted a winter tournament proposal up front

Certainly the season of the tournament and the seasons either side of it, but qualification for the world cup and potentially the 2024 Euros will be impacted.

Its an absolute joke changing the timing after the award of the competition - they should have submitted a winter tournament proposal up front

Even leagues where they don't play in winter would miss having a break and pre-season etc.

this is what i'm saying man, it's tearing up a football calendar established over fucking decades worldwide :lol:

why is everyone just acting like they're powerless to do anything about it?  what do FIFA actually do, licence football clubs etc. of course but that's only because it's developed that way, just tell them to fuck off and they'll setup a new democratic FIFA, bye and thanks for all the laughs sepp

winds me up man, as if FIFA wouldn't break over it, they'd ditch qatar faster than you can say howmuchmoneywillwelose

Guest Roger Kint

Was a football politics bloke on radio suggesting it could affect 3 seasons of football easing this 5/6 week break into it. Fucking shambles all cos FIFA are greedy fucktards

All of this for a country around half the size of Wales, that has a population of 2m people, that lacks in cultural/tourist activities, that has backward views towards homosexuality/alcohol/etc, and has no football stadiums or football heritage whatsoever. 

It's bent as fuck, it couldn't be clearer.

Heard this on the news today. We knew it was coming, but it's still a shambles.

The FAs will do owt since their palms are lined by UEFA (Spanish FA president for example is part of UEFA ruling commission). But I don't expect the leagues and clubs taking to this kindly, they aren't particularly fond of international football as it stands already.

Also, the thought of La Liga playing in the middle of August :anguish:

2m people aye, of which qatari's are actually 15% or less

if thats true that is one staggering fact!

Must be the nation with the least amount of 'native/indigenous' population? 85 % immigants??

Farage would be frothing at the mouth

S'alreet India/Nepal/Afghanistan/Pakistan/Sri Lanka are football hotbeds so those immigrants will be tearing it up.

GB - the nationals hold all the money and the majority of immigrants have little lives aside from being worked to death so I doubt they're worried.

Guest Roger Kint

I've said it before like but England should sit the Qatar world cup out. Tell FIFA not to bother puuting them in the draw for qualifying.

We struggle to qualify the best of times, in 5/6 years god knows what Captain Cleverley and his mates will do for England Manager Alan Pardew :lol: