Not worthy of a thread - 2018 FIFA World Cup edition

OzzieMandias
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I've said it before like but England should sit the Qatar world cup out. Tell FIFA not to bother puuting them in the draw for qualifying.

We struggle to qualify the best of times, in 5/6 years god knows what Captain Cleverley and his mates will do for England Manager Alan Pardew :lol:

Win / win then eh? :lol: It wouldn't help the premier league as all the best players would still be missing in January but who cares. Maybe one or two other countries would follow Englands lead, but who cares about that either tbh.

If just England pulled out the premier league would still have to stop because half the players would be away, certainly all the best ones.

Like i was getting at above though, it's two fingers up to FIFA and if any other countrys want to follow suit so much the better. People seem to have forgotton that Qatar was handed the world cup because they claimed they could cool the stadia, which was obviously bullshit from the start. But Qatars bribe was clearly the biggest so let them get on with it.

Can imagine a winter break will be a permanent fixture after this.

It will probably mean at least a break of a couple of months from the league because countries will need a couple of weeks to prepare and then post tournament will need another pre-season.  Not sure whether players involved will need a break post tournament as well.

Anyone got any more ideas on how FIFA/UEFA can further screw international football up? Bunch of clueless self-interested wankers ruining what should be the pinnacle of the game.

Would be genuinely interesting to see what happened if the powerful European associations did just tell them to do one. FIFA would be fucked. Not nearly as much money knocking around from advertising etc without the European nations. Without the bribe money knocking about to line their pockets, it wouldn't surprise me if half the FIFA delegates from developing nations lost interest in bothering with the whole thing. They're not exactly bothered about the good of the game, are they?

Even better if we can get the South Americans onside too.

I look forward to the Asian Premier League Winter Break Quadrangual Playoffs and the USMPLCup not featuring USMNT live from Dayton, Ohio.

I'd be happier if they just kept running the Premier League during the World Cup. Would make the league table significantly more FUN.

Slightly different but they do it for the rugby world cup and it makes it interesting :thup:

I'm all for a winter break tbh. As long as it comes right after the christmas fixtures. Trouble is it would mean decreasing the number of teams in the league and less teams = less fixtures = less cash. So i don't see it happening, unless they start the season in July.

I'm all for a winter break tbh. As long as it comes right after the christmas fixtures. Trouble is it would mean decreasing the number of teams in the league and less teams = less fixtures = less cash. So i don't see it happening, unless they start the season in July.

I'm in favour of keeping the Boxing Day and New Year's Day fixtures for the sake of tradition (and something to fucking watch) and having a week or two either side of these for the players' sake.

• 3 weeks later...