West Brom vs Newcastle - Sunday 5th December 1:30pm (live on Sky)

Decky

If Nolan is out as reported then I'd go:

Krul

Simpson Taylor Sol  Jose

Routledge Barton Tiote Jonas

Ranger Carroll

Think Ranger deserves his chance, Shola offered nothing this afternoon.

Routledge   Tiote   Nolan   Barton

for WBA.

This one, Jermaine.

Spot the difference.

You suggested dropping Jonas yet put him in your preferred team?

I don't think Hughton will play Barton left tbh.

Are you pissed?

Neither team represents what I think Hughton will do.

Team 1 is what I wanted to see before it became clear that Nolan would probably miss out. Team 2 is the revised lineup

Despite everyone saying it could go either way I fully expect the inevitable 'relegation' comments if we get beat

Yeah comparing pre and post match threads can be quite funny :lol:

Only because identical posts from you generally appear in both.

So what you are saying is I don't have a massive kneejerk after a loss/draw and lose all rational thought? Yeah that's quite embarrassing  :blush:

Fail.

I assume so, if you are saying it :lol:

Krul

Simpson Taylor Sol  Jose

Ranger Carroll

If Nolan is out I would agree. Routledge is a risk away from home but after the way he and Guthrie played I think it makes sense to play Barton through the middle and keep Routledge out wide. Chris Brunt is a big threat out wide however so Hughton might put Barton on the wing again to protect Simpson a bit more.

They've just had a big win after a poor run of results, they're as unpredictable as us.

Krul

Simpson Taylor Sol  Jose

Ranger Carroll

If Nolan is out I would agree. Routledge is a risk away from home but after the way he and Guthrie played I think it makes sense to play Barton through the middle and keep Routledge out wide. Chris Brunt is a big threat out wide however so Hughton might put Barton on the wing again to protect Simpson a bit more.

They've just had a big win after a poor run of results, they're as unpredictable as us.

Only thing I'd say is that Barton has played his best games for us on the right, and I'd personally put him out there again when he comes back.

Guthrie has been one of my biggest disappointments of this season so far. But if we need to keep the ball a bit more then he might be a better option. Harsh on Routledge like because yesterday he played well, particulaly with his confidence growing as the game went on.

Guest Tall Striker

This is a must win game

Why? ???

1 win in 5 why.

3 wins in 7.

Statistics can do anything, really.

Only statistic that matters is that we're not in the bottom three come May.

This is a must win game

Why? ???

1 win in 5 why.

3 wins in 7.

I'd rather count on us getting three points here than against Liverpool. If we lose against WBA (which I think we could anyway), the pressure will be on us to beat Liverpool.

Guest Tall Striker

This is a must win game

Why? ???

1 win in 5 why.

3 wins in 7.

I'd rather count on us getting three points here than against Liverpool. If we lose against WBA (which I think we could anyway), the pressure will be on us to beat Liverpool.

It's the type of game we've excelled in this season. Against a team who are skillful and attacking, and the onus is on them to open us up. We'll get our chance, and if we take it, we'll get something from the game.

A draw would be a good result. Half way to our required points total with still three games to go until half way through the season.

This is a must win game

Why? ???

1 win in 5 why.

3 wins in 7.

It's the type of game we've excelled in this season. Against a team who are skillful and attacking, and the onus is on them to open us up. We'll get our chance, and if we take it, we'll get something from the game.

A draw would be a good result. Half way to our required points total with still three games to go until half way through the season.

:thup:

Trying to put an unbeaten run together would be much more beneficial for the squad morale than chopping and changing wins/defeats.

I'd take 2 draws in the next couple of matches.

This is a must win game

Why? ???

1 win in 5 why.

3 wins in 7.

:thup:

Trying to put an unbeaten run together would be much more beneficial for the squad morale than chopping and changing wins/defeats.

I'd take 2 draws in the next couple of matches.

a draw would be a good result, a win would be better and is within our capabilities.

Guest Heneage

I think Carroll will cause these CB's problems, Nolan will be a miss but it's imperative Barton goes without a booking. It would also be nice if Brunt picked up a midweek yellow.