Sol Campbell

TRon

Llambias is an absolute c*nt and I have no doubt this "source" is either him or someone instructed by him. I don't know anyone who has anything good to say about him no matter what they think about the direction the club is heading.

Having said that, what an utterly crap signing Sol turned out to be.

Guest Antec

Llambias is an absolute c*nt and I have no doubt this "source" is either him or someone instructed by him. I don't know anyone who has anything good to say about him no matter what they think about the direction the club is heading.

Llambias happens to be a major part of the regime that  you have so much faith in

Llambias happens to be a major part of the regime that  you have so much faith in

Ah - so that old toss gets wheeled out again.

Guest Antec

So you don't have faith in them then? I'm puzzled

I blame them for the things they have done that have had consequences that have been beyond catastrophic. I don't trust them in the sense that I am not totally convinced they won't do something similar again. I think every time Llambias makes some comment in the press whether attributed to him or not he demonstrates to my mind that he is a sly c*nt.

I like Pardew and, although he sometimes says too much, he does at least attempt to communicate in a way we can relate to. And tactically and as a manager I think he is an upgrade on Hughton, although that is purely a judgement based on not very much so far. I have seen enough in the recent past to give the club credit where it's due. I don't automatically rubbish anything and everything the club does, or rubbish things they haven't even done yet.

It's pretty straightforward really....

Guest Antec

I don't trust them

All I needed to know thanks

I don't trust them

And I learned nothing I didn't already know from that.

Guest Antec

I don't trust them

That's what happens when you have no agenda

I don't trust them

wow

Guest Antec

I don't trust them

wow

Thanks, it was a belter

I don't trust them

Absolutely, it allows you to judge things with an open mind.

Guest Antec

I don't trust them

Fucking hell :lol:

Still reckon Ashley cares about Newcastle?

Llambias happens to be a major part of the regime that  you have so much faith in

I don't trust them

f***ing hell :lol:

Still reckon Ashley cares about Newcastle?

Yes I think he cares in the sense that he doesn't want it to fail and, like the majority of football club owners, his definition of caring does not mean he will do what the fanbase want. We're stuck with him for now and recently I've seen enough of football clubs changing hands to believe its quite possible we could end up with someone worse or at least someone who makes exactly the same mistakes.

The dig at Hughton is just embarrassing. Managers getting sacked because one free transfer did work out? Only at NUFC.

TBF Man U should follow their example and get rid Ferguson for giving Owen a contract, and Arsenal should have got rid of Wenger last year after he took Campbell on too.

Pathetic dig at Hughton from Llambias the mysterious Mr C Source. Of course with all the other signings Hughton had no say, but that one, that shit one, that was all his.

Similar to when Keegan left, and all the "good" players signed were Wise's signings and all the shit ones (and stupid alleged targets) were Keegan's in spite of what was said by the players themselves. The sad thing is some will just swallow this whole.

bluelaugh.gif Mad isn't it. Not talking about the overall management of the club, that's for another time, but how some can say the statements of Llambias et al must carry equal weight to the statements/actions of various others if there isn't any other decisive evidence, I'll never know.

Guest WisconsinMagpie

I like Pardew and, although he sometimes says too much, he does at least attempt to communicate in a way we can relate to. And tactically and as a manager I think he is an upgrade on Hughton, although that is purely a judgement based on not very much so far. I have seen enough in the recent past to give the club credit where it's due. I don't automatically rubbish anything and everything the club does, or rubbish things they haven't even done yet.

I find Pardew's candor refreshing. Much of what he says has the ring of truth about it, such as his account of events leading to Carroll's departure - lies aren't that detailed. Warren Barton was praising Pardew on American TV Sunday, saying Pardew had done an admirable job under trying circumstances, and the responsibility of managing this particular club was bringing a degree of humility he hasn't previously been known for. (Barton himself has a refreshing honesty and intelligence as a commentator.)

That being said, stories like this are starting to worry me. Pardew doesn't seem the type to throw quotes around without a purpose.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Alan-Pardew-has-urged-Newcastle-owner-Mike-Ashley-to-start-spending-Andy-Carroll-cash-article736493.html

Guest Heneage

We took a short term gamble on a player to provide cover and give experience. He will go we will move on.

http://www.express.co.uk/football/view/247400/-Bitter-Sol-Campbell-delays-exit

Sol Campbell top-flight career is coming to a sour end at Newcastle

Wednesday May 18,2011

By Bill Bradshaw

Comment Speech Bubble Have your say(0)

SOL CAMPBELL’S top-flight career is coming to a sour end at Newcastle.

The bitter taste it leaves is also an expensive one as the move will have cost the club about £2 million.

Sources at St James’ Park are dismayed and disappointed that Campbell has refused to settle his contract and walk away, after managing only four league starts and three substitute appearances since signing last August.

In those seven games, Newcastle took just seven points and conceded 16 goals.

Although he signed on a free transfer, the deal was a costly one, with Campbell pocketing a signing fee and about £40,000 a week for his bit-part role .

A club source told the Daily Express: “Sol has not really been involved and is clearly winding down his career, seeing out his time and being clearly unhappy with his injuries.

“The club offered a settlement on his contract so that he could walk away after the season ends but he refused. Instead, there is a clause that allows him to take another month’s money and he is going to eke out his final pay cheque in July for another £160,000.

“It leaves a sour taste. He clearly doesn’t need the money and, if he had any honour, he would go in June.”

Campbell’s arrival followed a determined push for the player by former manager Chris Hughton.

Our source added: “Campbell’s arrival and performances were certainly seen as a factor in the decision to part company with Hughton.”

So every other signing he made for us, all of whom did something decent counted for nothing, what a fantastic bunch of cunts.

I think we can allow him Perch seeing as he was a low fee signing on (presumably) low wages. Even Ferguson, Mourinho, Wenger etc have made dud signings before, it happens to the best.