Newcastle v Liverpool Pre-Match Thread - 11/12/10 at 5.30pm (live on ESPN)

Beren

Fucking hate that we always seem to be at rock bottom whenever we play these jammy cunts of recent. Nothing I'd like to see more (mackems aside) than us trouncing this odious excuse for a football club. Hodgson aside there is not one thing I can say positively about Liverpool.

Fucking hate that we always seem to be at rock bottom whenever we play these jammy cunts of recent. Nothing I'd like to see more (mackems aside) than us trouncing this odious excuse for a football club. Hodgson aside there is not one thing I can say positively about Liverpool.

Tbf their away shirts look quite nice, don't they? :lol:

Souness won or was unbeaten for his first 6 games or something didn't he? Hopefully Pardew does the same, without the disaster following it

Pardew first six games manager record truly is appalling.

What is it for each team like?

If i remember correctly...

1 Reading

2 West Ham

2 Charlton

0 Southampton

Checked the Charlton one, he did also get two draws as well for a total of 8 points from the first 6 games.  To be fair that's a good start for a club that had only 12 points from the previous 19 matches.

Souness won or was unbeaten for his first 6 games or something didn't he? Hopefully Pardew does the same, without the disaster following it

Pardew first six games manager record truly is appalling.

What is it for each team like?

If i remember correctly...

1 Reading

2 West Ham

2 Charlton

0 Southampton

Just checked the Charlton one, he did get two draws as well for a total of 8 points from the first 6 games.  Considering Charlton had only 12 points from the previous 19 games that's a good start.  Haven't checked the others though so he might have done shit at all of them.

at southampton tbf when he got in it wasnt long until seasons start and there wasnt much of a squad there and he had to build a team as well as try and get the teams morales up due to the points penalty

I woud like to see us playing 4-4-1-1 back with Nolan supporting Carroll.

Don't think Nolan's back?

Just doubtfull as well as Barton.

Without them I see us losing 5-0 or something like that. We need leaders on the pitch - we don't have any off the pitch anymore. Just a grey-heared clown.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

My worst fears are for a team like this

Harper

Simpson  Taylor    Campbell      Enrique

Routledge    Smith    Guthrie        Jonas

Ameobi      Carroll

Without them I see us losing 5-0 or something like that. We need leaders on the pitch - we don't have any off the pitch anymore. Just a grey-heared clown.

FWIW Nolan is nowhere to be seen on the pre-match training photoset. Barton features however.

:thup:

FWIW Nolan is nowhere to be seen on the pre-match training photoset. Barton features however.

:thup:

Could still be that Nolan will be fit. The pre-match training pics were made on Wednesday/Tuesday iirc. We'll see on Saturday. I expect them both to play.

I would really love to destroy Liverpool with Hughton's name being sung.

Also I am interested to see how Pardew would react to a win. Souness at least had the class to say that our first win under him was down to SBR and he had yet to affect the team.

We already know what he'd say if we lose: "A rebuilding needs to be done... blah blah... these types of transitions take time... blah blah... ... confident that a turn around will happen."

I want us to stuff them.  I want SJP to a like a bear pit with us intermidating the scousers, making it clear our feelings towards Mike Ashley and scaring the s*** out of Pardew that he'll s*** himself and cry like a bitch and quit.

If only.

Will our players knuckle down and try to shake us out of our negative mood with a committed performance or will they show last weeks Guthrie like commitment and literally fall over and sit on their arses watching the opposition walk over us while pretending to be hurt. (that 2nd goal was a disgrace)

I fear the latter especially if we as a crowd do a Guthrie and give up too.

Most important game in recent history?

In what sense?

A week ago I thought we'd get a point, now I think we'll get beat.  We were going to have a shite December whoever was in charge.  This is why Ashley should have put his hand in his pocket in the summer and bought more quality and more cover, rather than binning his manager when the lack of squad depth inevitably began to show.  You can't have it both ways.